Subscriptions & Donations ×

Accord Coupe Rear Brakes

Andy Mc

So yeh freeing up the sliders on rear caliper hasn't worked unfortunately 😮‍💨

I think it needs to come off and try and wind it in and out with lubing up or just replace as i haven't the tool for rear calipers. Other car is also crocked and booked in so stuck, if you pardon the pun.

• Like 1

• Moderators
49 minutes ago, Andy Mc said:

i haven't the tool for rear calipers. 

My wind  it in tool went missing some time ago...just use a tyre iron on its side 🤣🤣🤣🤣 or a big screwdriver / pry bar.

• Like 1

• Site Subscriber’s

Those wind back tool sets you get on ebay are great, definitely an investment. Coming  from someone who wound the caliper back the wrong way once and the piston came out. (on my Vectra). 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, Chrismas said:

Those wind back tool sets you get on ebay are great, definitely an investment.

I've got one in the shed that isn't worth the metal it's made from! Wouldn't do the job so resorted to the pin-wrench again! :o

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Chrismas said:

Those wind back tool sets you get on ebay are great, definitely an investment. Coming  from someone who wound the caliper back the wrong way once and the piston came out. (on my Vectra). 

Which way is it to wind back just so I'm 100%, its the o/s one if that makes any difference. It's been a while since I last did one. Think I wedged something in the groove  with a G-clamp last time which worked ok if slowly.  

• Like 2

• The title was changed to Accord Coupe Rear Brakes
  • Moderators
6 hours ago, Andy Mc said:

Which way is it to wind back just so I'm 100%, its the o/s one if that makes any difference. It's been a while since I last did one. Think I wedged something in the groove  with a G-clamp last time which worked ok if slowly.  

If it comes out then it's the wrong way 🤪

• Clap Hands 1

Also when looking online after giving car details. They all look slightly different to mine where the spring is located and handbrake mechanism. 

They're all 1998 - 2008. Is this right?

This is the equivalent oem numbers apparently:

VSBC202R 43012SEAE01 43012S1AE01

Honda Accord 1998-2008 (Models with 260mm diameter brake discs)

• Moderators
19 hours ago, Andy Mc said:

All back together as best I could still sticking along with now a slack hand brake and light on dash. Did hope it was because a bulb was out but no, I appear to have bust the internal mechanism too 🙄 I give up

Are you sure it's not just the outer cable come out of its clip, housing part ,,,,disturbed whilst you have been playing with the other bits ??

• Administrators
20 hours ago, Andy Mc said:

Also when looking online after giving car details. They all look slightly different to mine where the spring is located and handbrake mechanism. 

They're all 1998 - 2008. Is this right?

This is the equivalent oem numbers apparently:

VSBC202R 43012SEAE01 43012S1AE01

Honda Accord 1998-2008 (Models with 260mm diameter brake discs)

The part number for the rear right caliper on the V6 is: 43018S84A11 and it's completely unique to the 1998-2002 Accord Coupe 3.0 V6 as it doesn't interchange with any other model and that includes the 2.0 coupe.

• Sad 2