Subscriptions & Donations ×

Accord Coupe PAS Fluid Leak

Pete205

Today I got my Honda over a pit to see where the power steering fluid was raining from… hmm… not good news as the bottom high pressure pipe to the steering rack has a hole in it & so far I’ve been unable to find a replacement online. It was too late to call the Honda dealer so I’ll continue to search online this evening & call tomorrow. If anyone knows of where I might find such a thing I’d appreciate it. Meanwhile I’m crossing my fingers (except when I’m typing)….

• Administrators

Hi and welcome back, sorry to hear of your troubles with the power steering and I am sure I might be able to assist with a replacement part. However, since you've never properly introduced yourself or your car is it a 2.0 or 3.0 V6 and could you confirm the accurate location of the leak?

Screenshot (36).png

I only ask as they're are a few pipes and the lower sections are low pressure and the larger upper hose section is high pressure.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pete205 said:

Today I got my Honda over a pit to see where the power steering fluid was raining from… hmm… not good news as the bottom high pressure pipe to the steering rack has a hole in it & so far I’ve been unable to find a replacement online. It was too late to call the Honda dealer so I’ll continue to search online this evening & call tomorrow. If anyone knows of where I might find such a thing I’d appreciate it. Meanwhile I’m crossing my fingers (except when I’m typing)….

Apart from UK dealers you can try aftermarket, but that is if you are willing to wait for international delivery. If it's the pressure hose try RockAuto or HondaPartsNow.com

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, hughezee said:

Hi and welcome back, sorry to hear of your troubles with the power steering and I am sure I might be able to assist with a replacement part. However, since you've never properly introduced yourself or your car is it a 2.0 or 3.0 V6 and could you confirm the accurate location of the leak?

Screenshot (36).png

I only ask as they're are a few pipes and the lower sections are low pressure and the larger upper hose section is high pressure.

Hi there apologies for not introducing myself properly I’m Pete I live in Sheffield & have a 1998 3litre v6 accord coupe with a corroded bottom pipe of the two that go to the steering rack. At the garage where the pit was the mechanic said it was a high pressure pipe which is why I’ve stated that in my previous post. I’m grateful for any help in this situation. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, hughezee said:

Screenshot (36).png

Looking at the diagram I’d say 16 is the most likely contender

• Like 1

• Administrators
31 minutes ago, Harry93 said:

If it's the pressure hose try RockAuto or HondaPartsNow.com

Good suggestion but they will likely only have the LHD version as the connections are different on RHD

17 minutes ago, Pete205 said:

Thanks for the advice I’ll give them a look

• Like 1

• Administrators
39 minutes ago, Pete205 said:

Looking at the diagram I’d say 16 is the most likely contender

This is a low-pressure line and could be repaired with a section of copper pipe reusing the hydraulic union to the rack, I have done it many times on Hondas in general.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, hughezee said:

This is a low-pressure line and could be repaired with a section of copper pipe reusing the hydraulic union to the rack, I have done it many times on Hondas in general.

Thankyou kindly for your expertise I feel a lot better now I know about some options 

• Like 1