Subscriptions & Donations ×

Honda Elysion V6 Thermostat

PTR200S

• Moderators

Looks like the thermostat has started a go slow, much like the train drivers, postal workers, uncivil servants, teachers etc...sometimes it's seems OK then others it seems to be really slow on heat up.

The Coupe with the same engine, obviously,  takes about 2 miles maximum,  to get to temperature from a cold start...the Elysion is now taking around 4 miles, sometimes slightly less but definetly on a go slow.

Anyone changed their stat in the Elysion?  19301P8EA10

What did you replace it with ?

Genuine or something like a Blueprint that we use in the Coupe?? Elysion version is ADH29221

Gates version appears to be TH05977G1

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Well, the stat was delivered today....is in a box marked Gates, correct part number but, as usual with Autodoc, it's not the correct one in the box. THE SEAL WAS BROKEN ALREADY AND THE BOX VERY TATTY.

The actual stat is marked Motorad, 77C and it looks like a cheap copy...I realise that they are big manufacturers,  Israeli?, but I ordered a Gates....its got a long nose too....hope the Elysion doesn't have a short one 🙃🙃

I don't know why I bother with Autodoc,,,they are as bad as that other crowd,,name escapes me,,,

Written a stiff email to them, ooh, errr !!!!!!

I am so ANGRY 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

• grrrr 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Laird_Scooby said:

Nowt wrong wit Motorad stuff in my experience. ;):D

Agreed BUT it wasn't a motorad I ordered, they have said it was Gates, its boxed as Gates, labelled as Gates, I paid for Gates,and it's not !!!

Still annoyed, however, I am now wondering if motorad make them for Gates ?? Surely they wouldn't put them in a Gates box ???

A quick Internet check and it seems as if a lot of others have received them like this with the box seals intact too, many supplied by Autodoc....

Fake stuff ????

• Like 2

• Moderators
3 hours ago, PTR200S said:

A quick Internet check and it seems as if a lot of others have received them like this with the box seals intact too, many supplied by Autodoc....

Fake stuff ????

You might find there's a disclaimer on their site Pete saying they may supply another of equal qualty if they don't have the specified item in stock.

• Sad 1

• Moderators

Well, getting absolutely nowhere with Autodont 🙃🙃🙃

Three emails in now, including pictures, and they just don't get it. 

I have just had to spell it out again.

"Gates ordered, from your website, Motorad sent, no identifying marks for crosscheck to Honda numbers. , seals broken, box damaged and sellotaped "

Obviously I was a bit more concise than above !!! but you get the idea.

I don't want to take the van apart only to find its the wrong stat .

Tempted to feck Autodick off and order a Honda one,, the saving buying this one has just gone out the window with wasted time. 🤬

• grrrr 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Honda Elysion V6 Thermostat
  • 9 months later...