Subscriptions & Donations ×

This is my blue coupe & FRV

leyton72

Here’s some pics of my blue coupe everyone (sorry it’s icy cold this morning), unfortunately it has major lacquer peel as seems to be quite common with these American built coupes. It does have a good Honda history and was owned from new by my local Honda garage until a local gentleman bought it. I think it has 1 previous owner on the log book.

The FRV is my daily driver and have owned it for over 6 years now, it is the ES spec and has a lovely manual 6 speed gearbox. 

Blue Coupe img1

Blue Coupe img2

Blue Coupe img3

FRV img1

FRV img2

FRV img3

• Like 2
  • Clap Hands 1

• Site Subscriber’s

Your coupe's both look like fantastic projects, looking forward to seeing what you decide to do with them 🙂

I don't know much at all about FRV's, I always tend to notice them when i'm out and about but they always look abused :( 

• Like 2

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Josh98 said:

I always tend to notice them when i'm out and about but they always look abused :( 

Funny you should mention that , just pulled up behind a 57 plate, black FRV parked near to a mates house when I was out this morning !

looked for two Coupes just in case it was Leyton72 🤣🤣🤣🤣

This one did look tidy I have to say 😁

• Like 1

10 hours ago, PTR200S said:

FRV mot close then !!!!

Let us know how it goes, presume you don't do a lot of miles in the FRV....wouldn't happen to be using the Coupe by any chance 😛 would you ? !!!

To be honest with you I don’t really drive that much. Between myself and the Mrs (she drives a golf) we average about 5k miles a year. Sometimes I drop the kids off to school in the green coupe, can’ t resist the sound of the exhaust note. Got the FRV booked in for the mot, i’ve just changed the number plates as they were weathered and cracked and also changed the wiper blades, might also need two tyres. Just hope it doesn’t need any major welding or anything as I recently spent a small fortune on a new clutch and flywheel for it all fitted by my local Honda garage to the tune of just over £1,300!! I asked around and everyone quoted over £800 for a clutch and around £400 for a flywheel. 😤

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Josh98 said:

Your coupe's both look like fantastic projects, looking forward to seeing what you decide to do with them 🙂

I don't know much at all about FRV's, I always tend to notice them when i'm out and about but they always look abused :( 

Will keep you up to date on any progress I make on the coupes 👍

Regarding the FRV, they’re quite versatile for a family of 6 as the seats are positioned 3+3 and the middle row seats move back and forth and the front middle seat turns into a sort of table with four cup holders, the floor is totally flat and the car is wider than your normal family hatch which makes it quite spacious. Also they are not as long as people carriers or SUV’s so easier to park.

• Like 2

• Moderators
13 hours ago, leyton72 said:

Just hope it doesn’t need any major welding or anything as I recently spent a small fortune on a new clutch and flywheel for it all fitted by my local Honda garage to the tune of just over £1,300!! I asked around and everyone quoted over £800 for a clutch and around £400 for a flywheel. 😤

Flywheel ?? It needed one ? Had the friction plate worn through to the rivets ??

Just about to do a Jazz clutch,  shuddering badly, hope the flywheel is ok !        £400 gulp !!!  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PTR200S said:

Flywheel ?? It needed one ? Had the friction plate worn through to the rivets ??

Just about to do a Jazz clutch,  shuddering badly, hope the flywheel is ok !        £400 gulp !!!  

Yes, unfortunately the flywheel was quite badly worn apparently, they said they could just fit the clutch, but the car wouldn’t drive properly and will keep juddering. Since this was my main car, I had no choice but to get it sorted ☹️

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Thanks mate, yeah you’re right it does look quite nice in that frosty finish😂.

Unfortunately doing the bodywork is a challenge when you’re open to the elements.

Just need some good weather for a week to tidy up the paintwork, too much to ask for in December i guess😂😂.

• Like 3