Subscriptions & Donations ×

V6 Accord Coupe "SOLD" ​🥲

Retro Rich

• Founding Member

Hi fellow forum friends,

it is with much regret I have decided to part ways with my much loved V6 aka “Bluey”. A recent promotion with a company car, means that I now simply have too many cars that get too little use.

The body and interior are In very good condition. The car is a very original example. Extensive past work undertaken,  includes cambelt and water pump, brakes, recently replaced front suspension and drop links. Mileage is currently  108,500.

I will be advertising the car elsewhere for £5K, but I am open to sensible offers from forum users and will ask Stu to give the car a once over and inspect the brakes and brakes lines (last mot advisories) before the new owner parts with their cash.

86B2D75C-064E-4C9B-8570-82042885E8BF.jpeg

B6C6404A-766D-4661-A884-5768679FED40.jpeg

7812DA53-347B-4645-A4B1-01C00D56436A.jpeg

8BAF048F-FE16-4BB6-ACA7-E2D57584FE09.jpeg

207E12B8-69CF-4C7A-89AF-02BD201FE5DD.jpeg

6B5EC331-906E-4B90-8906-4145FE9925E7.jpeg

B994C84E-B99D-4011-A4B4-F2F714661D58.jpeg

42D06C18-871E-4930-9D18-AA2EFA0FBEE2.jpeg

810AB637-E738-4767-9978-8FA838D6EFEC.jpeg

89938DFC-B108-46E2-9AFD-B27A0F785CB5.jpeg

• Sad 5

• Moderators

Oh no 😭😭😭😭😭

Another beautiful Coupe leaving the fold,,,,,maybe to come back with a new custodian??

Congrats on the promotion ....and another motor too,  I understand why you are selling but maybe you could offload something else 😛😛😛😛😛😛 ????  !!!!!!!!!!! 

• Like 2

• Founding Member
5 hours ago, PTR200S said:

Congrats on the promotion ....and another motor too,  I understand why you are selling but maybe you could offload something else 😛😛😛😛😛😛 ????  !!!!!!!!!!! 

Thank you for your kindness.
It may come to that yet. I have the Triumph to sell if the V6 doesn’t provoke the desired interest. I hate doing this, but there’s just too many cars 😢

• Like 2

• Moderators
31 minutes ago, Retro Rich said:

Thank you for your kindness.
It may come to that yet. I have the Triumph to sell if the V6 doesn’t provoke the desired interest. I hate doing this, but there’s just too many cars 😢

Just update the "cars on the drive " thread !!

Don't forget the formula for the maximum amount of cars is always "the number of existing cars + 1 "  sorted!!!

Seriously,  I understand your dilemma as I went through it offloading the S2000, the Tourer 2,4 and the XK8..plus three bikes..(could have been the Coupe ) ......it hurts but you have got to do these things sometimes as needs must.

Good luck with the sale. 🤑🤑🤑

• Like 2

• Moderators

Sorry to hear you're selling Rich, congrats on the promotion but given your situation with lack of space (i'm guessing) i can see why you're selling the Coupe. However if anything changes with your work (sorry to sound pessimistic but looking at the general situation in the world at present) you may have to use the Triumph to commute to/from work. Been caught myself that way in the past, sold my car due to a company vehicle and then suddenly something has changed and i've been left without transport.

Maybe give it a few months until any probationary period in your new job is over (although why employers insist on a probationary period when you've worked for them for however long i'll never know) and then consider selling if you're still pushed for space. Yes it'll be inconvenient in the meantime but worth it in the long run IMHO and the other thing is - where would you find another?

• Like 1

• Founding Member
11 hours ago, Laird_Scooby said:

Yes it'll be inconvenient in the meantime but worth it in the long run IMHO and the other thing is - where would you find another?

Thank you. That last sentence does keep going over in my mind. I definitely won’t find another one like this. It would need to be the right price before I let it go. Looking at Autotrader and online, they’re really not worth a lot, so it’s very sad. People don’t realise what high quality motors they are. 

• Clap Hands 2

• The title was changed to V6 Accord Coupe "SOLD" ​🥲
  • Founding Member

Thanks for bumping this for me Stu. Felt numb about it all weekend. It was a heartbreaking choice, but the buyer could see that. He looked the car over and could see how good it was. He didn’t haggle me on the price, so I’m sure it’s gone to a good home. Hopefully, he’ll join the forum soon. 

• Like 4

• Site Subscriber’s

A real shame but hopefully it'll be cared for and enjoyed by somebody new :( I've been having some regrets about some of the cars i've let go in recent years for the exact reason Stu put above - will never find one's like them again, sometimes though it's the sensible choice that has to prevail 

I'm glad to hear you've managed to find a home for it at least mate

• Like 3

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Dave Smitten said:

Richard - I've joined as per your recommendation ! The V6 is a remarkable car - both looks and mechanics. Thankyou.

Welcome to the club Dave and congrats on a very wise purchase 😁 as well as Richard I have maintained your vehicle for several years and if you have questions don't ever hesitate to get in touch or post on the community. Even just sharing your journey with your car would be greatly received by club members, especially @Retro Rich. 👍

So if you want to share any pic's feel free to post up in the gallery or you can email me directly: hughezee@live.co.uk

• Like 2
  • Clap Hands 1

Thank you all for the warm welcome. I hope to maintain her for as long as the British weather allows and, of course, my placid driving.

I have always loved the V6 because you don't have to drive quickly; I just tootle along, enjoying the like to scenery, knowing that if absolutely necessary, I can 'wake up the wolf'...

• Like 2
  • Clap Hands 1
  • Haha 2