Subscriptions & Donations Γ—

2000 Accord 2.0 SE Executive Project β€‹πŸš™

hughezee

• Administrators

Not sure what's happening with this one currently, whether Nikkis Dad will like the civic or we end up giving this one back to him de-catted? We thought we might keep it as a courtesy car, but I have another car in mind, more on that as it develops.😁😜

20210330-164323%5B1%5D.jpg
20210330-164308%5B1%5D.jpg

Either way, it is due a good service, replacement alternator (as they fail like clockwork on these) timing belt, water pump etc. rear brakes etc.

20210330-160438.jpg

Collection of parts coming along nicely, found an an old fabvourate for this gearbox too. πŸ‘

20210330-160202.jpg

• Like 4

• Administrators
9 hours ago, Retro Rich said:

My first love in pure bred Honda’s 😍

Despite a few age related marks, it's in fantastic shape, I removed the wheel arch trims today, which I sealed up back in 2007-8 ish obviously in your ownership and despite packed with dirt not a spot of rust anywhere. πŸ‘

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Still not sure what's happening with this one πŸ€” it has had a new alternator, timing belt & water pump, rear brakes, pollen filter, wheels balanced, alignment done etc, basically a major service now. Also fitted a better CAT back exhaust too and running a lot better with more power now 😁 front brakes ordered and A.C work needed.πŸ–οΈ

20210415-120739%5B1%5D.jpg

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Covered almost 500 miles in this motor now, new brakes all round working perfectly, fuel economy much improved too and it's not used a drop of oil either, so up yours modern cars πŸ–•. Now waiting on a few bits to arrive from Japan before valve lash adjustment and valve cover oil seals. A.C work and some rust proofing to follow, maybe a few cosmetic jobs later in the year to keep it looking smart. πŸ‘

• Like 2
  • Clap Hands 1

• Administrators
On 5/2/2021 at 11:03 PM, Retro Rich said:

It certainly would have been on the scrap heap long ago without Stu’s intervention πŸ‘Œ

I cannot take all the credit it is a good motor to start with which makes things easier, plus you trusted me with looking after it in the earlier years. πŸ˜‰ Also on the subject of intervention/ prevention a new radiator and a.c condenser to be fitted, as the father in law is keeping the EJ9 civic. πŸ™„ So the Accord now named CAT joins the hughezee fleet and no doubt @Retro Rich will get the opportunity for a spin for old times sake at some point. πŸ‘

Β 

• Like 2
  • Clap Hands 1

• Administrators
1 hour ago, PTR200S said:

FiL will want it back after you have finished it !!!

I did all the work that was needed timing belt, brakes etc regardless of whether he wanted it back or not and the civic was all sorted so it was easy for him I guess and he told me he was losing sleep over the accord being targeted again. πŸ₯΅ So on that note we officially transferred ownerships yesterday and I have been busy ordering all the unnecessary bits nowΒ πŸ˜† as I like all our fleet to be 100% and everything working as it should. πŸ‘

Aiming to use it as the daily toot automobile as well as courtesy car starting next month, everything should be completed by then.🀞

Any news on the scrotes??? 🀬

No nothing, police never got back to him and he's not chasing it either apparently... πŸ€”

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

Well after treating or replacing rusty power steering lines, I decided it was time to fit the new radiator and what a completely unnecessary waste of my time that was, why can't aftermarket parts just fit FFS.😑

20210607-161435.jpg20210607-194215.jpg20210607-161446.jpg

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

• 4 months later...
  • Administrators
29 minutes ago, PTR200S said:

Are you still going to use it to buzz about in ????

Winter motoring so guess so, once it is finished it will go up for sale though, as I'm getting another one tomorrow in silverΒ πŸ‘‰ which I also plan to move on. πŸ€ͺ

• Like 3
  • Clap Hands 1

• 1 month later...
  • The topic was pinned
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Administrators

Feeling extremely angry and sad as I have a allot of history with this car I am gutted in fact 😭 the car has had its CAT stolen for the third time.

20220517_151108[1].jpg

So I have decided to move it on for parts, I got a fair price (above scrap) as the dismantler could see it had been well looked after. Their parts business started out with Honda's and assured me it will keep a few more going, especially as a lot of parts will interchange with the more cherished model like the Type-R.

Maybe painting the CAT in bright VHT red would have deterred the thieves as I have done with so many others vehicles?

End of an era, I guess ☹️

• Sad 2
  • grrrr 1

• Founding Member

What a disaster!Β  Sadly this has happened to oh so many otherwise excellent cherished cars.Β  But it is particularly annoying when you have put in so much effort.

Hearty commisserations from me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators
1 hour ago, RevvinKevin said:

Where in the country did they strike this time?

Lichfield, not too far away from HQ... 😢

don't suppose the police were interested?

Nope, they said somebody would call me? 🀬

• grrrr 2