Subscriptions & Donations ×

New V6 Coupe owner

rich1068

• Moderators

Well done !! You have pressed on with that at a rate of knots !!! 

You have done more than most of us have managed in a year !!! 😁😁😁

Except Stu of course , he seems to be on it all the time too !!!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I really should pace myself but the car does seem to appreciate the attention. Went for a little run into the Peak District with a couple of the kids and it's running extremely well.

Next thing I need to turn my attention to is the bodywork. Needs a good polish and the rear bumper could do with refitting as it's quite a bit out where it meets the rear wings.

• Like 3

• Moderators
17 minutes ago, rich1068 said:

the rear bumper could do with refitting as it's quite a bit out where it meets the rear wings.

Is it both sides ? Shunt from the rear? 

Had that on mine and the reg plate surround was inside the rear bumper,  when I pulled that out most of everything popped into place again.

Undo all the inner to out bumper clips first though😆😆

• Like 1

Fastest colour apparently. Even when the paint's half an inch thick on the bumpers :rolleyes:

Having the original springs put back on the front tomorrow. I'd booked it in, then thought it was OK and could live with it, then crashed down some very minor pot holes this morning and decided to go ahead with the original plan. The thing is I think it looks just right as is but as far as driving it is concerned I don't spend the entire time on lovely smooth swoopy fast roads on which it feels perfectly at home. Hopefully it won't spoil the look too much. 

• Like 3

I've kept it at the same pressure as the standard 16s which I think is still only 32psi. As the Civic wheels are an inch larger and a touch wider if anything I should probably put a pound or two more in. The other issue is jumping from the Coupe and into the Lexus with its 16s and foot of sidewall!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well it turns out I'm a victim of that old chestnut - losing my storage.

Full story is that for years I've had about 1500sqft to play with but in a few weeks I'm moving the business to smaller premises and I just can't physically fit the cars into it. So I'm afraid the Honda in all likelihood will have to go. And the Saab. This isn't an official "For Sale" thread yet but if anyone's interested then give me a shout and we'll take it from there.

Bit pee'd off if I'm honest but needs must and the ££££ in rent we're saving can't be ignored.

• Sad 4

Well I'm sad to say someone came to look yesterday, left a deposit and they're coming back in the week to pick it up. I mentioned the forum and Stu more than once and will try and steer him towards here when I see him again.

A real shame as I've hardly had time to play with this car at all. I nearly got in touch with the buyer Friday evening to say I'd changed my mind but I have to be sensible. For once.

So thanks all, especially Stu. And hopefully this will just be a temporary leave of absence. 

• Sad 4

31 minutes ago, rich1068 said:

A real shame as I've hardly had time to play with this car at all. I nearly got in touch with the buyer Friday evening to say I'd changed my mind but I have to be sensible. For once.

I've been through that and saw what happened...came back with a CG again 😅

• Like 4