Subscriptions & Donations ร—

Hello Everyone

Pencil

Hey kids, what time is it? It's Honda time of course.

I have an Accord Coupe 2.0 in dark green with a manual gearbox, which has been my daily driver for the past 2 years. Love it! Had a Mk 7 diesel estate before and have owned variousHondas for years. Just happened to chance across this forum when searching for a rear spoiler (yeah, I know, but does anyone grow out of being a boy racer really?? The elderly gentleman who I bought the car from put an ear-bending stainless steel exhaust on it...) - so thought I'd join up.

In good news, it passed its MOT today with very few advisories and nothing concerning. Pretty good for a car which will be 21 years old this year.

Apologies for poor quality pic, shown here with its stablemate Mitsubishi FTO.

p2203442478-3.jpg

• Like 5
  • Clap Hands 1

• Moderators

Hi there,ย  welcome to H6nda ๐Ÿ˜ƒ...and yes its hondatime all the time here !!!

Well done for saving another Coupe,ย  and two years under your belt too ๐Ÿคฉ

Tell us a bit more about your cars history......and more pics !!!!!!๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

• Like 4

Wocher. Thanks all, glad to be here.

Ha ha Mitsusquishyย ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ย I quite like that.

More pics will follow in due course. I'm a photographer by profession so obviously never get round to photographing my own stuff / cars / family / etc.

History? Erm. Bought it from a very nice 79 year old gentleman a couple of years back, after my 7th Gen diesel estate decided it needed a new clutch and alternator at the same time, just after my dear wife dented two doors. The coupe is now our sensible family car, a role it performs quite well. Big in the back seat (2 kids, 7 & 9) and a decent boot, leather interior and surprisingly good on petrol consumption. Add rare and interesting enough to keep me happy and a manual 'boxย and we're onto a winner. It's just nicely run in at 100,000 miles.ย 

That's probably all for now. I expect I'll think of more things that you and I would think interesting.

ย 

• Like 3

• Founding Member

Welcome from me too.ย  My 3 litre coupe also has a Mitsubishi stablemate - in my case a 1981 Lancer 2000EX turbo.ย  My MPG is not too good in either - around 20 about town but probably equal on a long steady legal speed motorway run at around 35mpg.ย  But my Coupe is argueably more comfortable and definitely quieter!

• Like 4

I agree.

I've got one from one of my dearly departed Preludes which might fit with a bit of jiggery-pokery and paint. There's also one on ebay in the correct colour, but I believe it's for a saloon Accord, so probably isn't quite right either. I guess I'll keep my eyes peeled.

• Like 1