Subscriptions & Donations ×

Boot badges

BN Coupe

Mine are dropping off - there's only 'Accord' still attached.  The others have left a lot of glue residue from the factory - should this be cleaned off, or do I just re-stick the badges on top (after cleaning up a bit)?  I'm planning to use Gorilla Glue unless there's something better.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Moderators

As Andy says clean off the lot but when you restick it use something like Sikaflex auto adhesive. Its the stuff they use to bond body panels.  It resists vibration due to a bit of "flex" when its dry.

https://automotive.sika.com/en/solution-products/exterior-adhesives/sikaflex.html

I have restuck my badges on both the Coupe and the Elysion. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
40 minutes ago, BN Coupe said:

Thanks.  I don't understand much of what the website says, but it looks like good stuff.

It definitely works is the short version of the website !!!

You don't need much by the way or it will squidge out everywhere,  might be worth checking if your local garage happens to have an open tube 😀😀😀 maybe even a local car accessory shop ??

They might let you have a smear for a small donation to their tea fund !!  Cheaper than buying a big tube for a small amount although it sticks anything to everything  !!!

Also it will fill holes in rubber door seal surrounds too and remain flexible just don't over do it AND DON'T SHUT THE DOOR BEFORE IT HAS GONE OFF  🤣🤣😅🤣🤣 otherwise you will need Michael Caine......

• Like 1

LOL.  I'm already thinking of other uses, e.g. the draft excluder strip to be fitted to the bottom of my up-and-over garage door.  It's supposed to be attached by tiny self-tapping screws, but it would be much easier to stick it on...

• Like 1
  • Clap Hands 1

• Moderators

Try some trim-tape, that's what most manufacturers use originally. Use a hairdryer to warm the panel and tape before fitting as the glue sticks better that way.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Black-Double-Sided-Foam-5-10m-Black-Permanent-Car-Body-Trim-Self-Adhesive-Tape/353388837448

You could search for 3M trim tape, it's dearer but can be better.

• Moderators
34 minutes ago, Laird_Scooby said:

Try some trim-tape, that's what most manufacturers use originally. Use a hairdryer to warm the panel and tape before fitting as the glue sticks better that way.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Black-Double-Sided-Foam-5-10m-Black-Permanent-Car-Body-Trim-Self-Adhesive-Tape/353388837448

You could search for 3M trim tape, it's dearer but can be better.

The problem is that there is no back as such to the logo, the letters are individually formed so trim tape needs a lot of messing around ,,ask me how I know 😄😄

Using a goo gun is a lot quicker and only needs a small amount too 😃

• Like 1