Subscriptions & Donations ×

Odyssey spotted

PTR200S

• Moderators

for the first time for ages spotted an 06 plate Odyssey , followed it for a few miles , in the Elysion, through a town centre before I turned off. It had "alljapimports " sticker in the rear window,  so presumably a Japanese version rather than  USA one....twirly thing was on the right too. !!

Real nice looker, .lower than my Elysion,  roofline I mean, and almost as wide if not the same.

I trundled along behind and pulled alongside in a queue but no recognition.....

Saw it again, parked up, twenty minutes later but didn't have the time to stop and take pic...just checking dash cam for footage !!!  😁

• Like 4

• Moderators

Just managed to read the reg plate, imported 2017, same owner from that date too ! Colour is "bronze" according to details.  Looks really nice.

Haven't seen it around before but owner could have moved to this locality or be on hols, but either way I would like a closer look. 😁

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Spotted this again today, parked up in same spot so obviously lives close by.

Although, as I said, imported March 2017 this new owner must have only just bought it as the log book update is now showing the 19th August (took DVLA , or new owner, three weeks to get it issued !)

I stopped and thought I would have a nosey around, absolutely full of "junk" in the back (works vehicle?) Really nice lines..

Got a couple of photos too ! 

spot anything? 😛

Odyssey-1.jpg

Odyssey-2.jpg

Odyssey-3.jpg

• Like 2

• Moderators
10 hours ago, PTR200S said:

off to Specsavers for a check up now

Totally disconnected but i went for an eye test once, walked in and said i had an appointment for an eye test and where should i sit and wait?

They replied i obviously needed an eyesight test as they were a greengrocers. Now when i go to the opticians i ask for 2lb of spuds and a pound of carrots.

That way if i'm in the greengrocers again i get some food, if i'm actually in the opticians i'm in the right place anyway! :P

The staff in my local opticians love that little anecdote and now laugh when i ask for vegetables.

Last eye test, the (very attractive lady) optician had the grace to blush when she dropped a pair of test lenses in and my vision went blurry and i quipped "Damn! That's just killed the X-Ray vision!" :P:lol:

Back on topic, that Odyssey looks very similar to the one i mistook for an Elysion a few months back.................. ;):D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yeh i wasn't happy camping in storm Francis at all. But honda never put a foot wrong and is currently drying out nicely in the sunshine.

Mr audi and bmw provided plenty of entertainment getting stuck and a sprinkling of suv's too. I thought the nissan quashcow was 4wd. Apparently not!

• Haha 2

• Moderators
On 8/27/2020 at 1:46 PM, PTR200S said:

Imported March 2017 this new owner must have only just bought it as the log book update is now showing the 19th August 

spot anything? 😛

I have just discovered that the DVLA info on "new log book issued" is NOT necessarily an owner change only.

It can be updated when a registration number is changed  or even a change of address for the existing owner.

Its a bit of pointless information really and would be better as an "owner change" date only....why would someone searching for vehicle information want to know about anything other than last time the vehicle changed hands?

In the case of the Odyssey owner he could have had the vehicle since it was imported and just moved into the area in August,  hence why I noticed the Odyssey in the first place.

Oh, and the spot anything question in the first pic is green 😜

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Moderators

ME06 plate Oddy spotted quite a few times over the last few weeks, all in the same place so presumably it lives there.....doesn't seem to have moved and looks down at heel now on one side, maybe flat tyre... presumably not being used, or at least, used much 😢

• Sad 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Well, haven't seen the Oddy for over two weeks now, its normal parking spot vacant, no other motor in it. 

It was down at heel when last spotted, maybe its breathed its last.....or maybe,  even, the owner has "gone" 😢😢

It might explain why it hadn't moved for so long....eventually taken away.... Still taxed though and no log book change.

• Confused 1

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, Laird_Scooby said:

More a case of Odyssey not spotted then?

Quite !!

Because its unusual,  rare vehicle in this area, I have seen it just about everyday since I first reported on it. Its on a main road that I go down virtually every day.

That's how I noticed it had not moved for a long while plus its parked at the end of a no parking zone so easy to see it had become a fixture.

All speculation,  of course,  as to where it has gone, maybe it has an off road space now, owner moved etc etc...

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
  • Moderators

Out on the XBR today and came upon an Odyssey Absolute , 07 plate, twin pipes, very low, almost looked like a big estate car !!!

Jap plate on it too....

Never seen it around before , it turned off into a " no through rd " near a mates house so might see it again 😁

• Like 2

• Moderators
3 hours ago, PTR200S said:

might see it again 😁

Doubt it............. :P

it turned off into a " no through rd "

........ which leads to a black hole that warps the space-time continuum and takes him back to Tokyo at the same time of day as he left here, hence the .........

Jap plate on it too....

I'm guessing he turned into a "No Through Road" in Tokyo that led him to the oppsite end of the black hole which then brought him out in the UK at the same time of day as he left Japan.

an Odyssey Absolute , 07 plate, twin pipes, very low, almost looked like a big estate car !!!

Not sure if it was an Absolute but i saw a very low black one on USA plates the other day - definitely looks like a large estate car. Think it might have been air-bagged as when i first saw it, it was parked and couldn't really see anything of the top of the tyres/wheels. A few minutes later saw it (or one very similar) driving at a slightly more normal height but still low.

• Like 2

• Moderators
9 hours ago, hughezee said:

Track it down Pete 😆🔍

Yeah, pity I didn't have time to follow it (is that stalking? 😆) and obviously no dash cam on the bike 🙃

Of course it might just be visiting the area...but maybe not !!!

Might have ocassion to trundle around to mates and see if I can get another sighting !!!, maybe a pic or two.

• Like 2