Subscriptions & Donations ×

Accord Coupe Wiper Arm Adjustment?

AhsyV6

On 3/5/2017 at 11:02 AM, AhsyV6 said:

Does anyone know how to adjust the drivers side wiper blade as mine just touches the window frame?

You loosen the Nut, not completely remove it, and wiggle the whole Arm until it moves freely. By the way the Wipers should be at Rest when doing this.

The Wiper should just rest a few degrees below horizontal, horizontal being the black line on the bottom of the Windscreen. So the bottom of the Wiper, (nearest the A Pillar) is 1cm below the black line and the top of the Wiper, (nearest centre of Screen) about 2cm below the black line.

• Administrators

I adjusted my driver's side arm when I got the car as the earlier coupes it sat lower and the look annoyed me somewhat :rolleyes: so just follow Bills kindly written how-to description. However, I would highly recommend removing the arm completely to reposition it to avoid damaging the fragile alloy splines.

• Like 1

• Founding Member

Just completed a 250 mile round trip and got to say the Densos performed exceptionally. The only thing is right at the end of the drivers side wiper it leaves a very fine streak as it comes back down. 

I also found that at normal speed the wiper does not hit the frame, however at full pelt it hits the frame. I will adjust it later 

• Like 2

• Moderators
6 hours ago, AhsyV6 said:

Just completed a 250 mile round trip and got to say the Densos performed exceptionally. The only thing is right at the end of the drivers side wiper it leaves a very fine streak as it comes back down. 

I also found that at normal speed the wiper does not hit the frame, however at full pelt it hits the frame. I will adjust it later 

Hmm, interesting re the streak, that's what i have got on the passenger side,,,put it down to crap still on screen which i am cleaning this morning...

Another p/s fluid change this morning too. :D

• Like 3

• Moderators

I've noticed a "streak" sometimes with new wiper blades, it's usually where the blade rubber has been cut at such a precise 90 degrees that as it wipes it pushes the water to the end and leaves a dribble of water in a line where it has just wiped.

That kind of makes sense, when the wiper has "bedded in" a bit, it no longer leaves the streak.

Enjoy it while it's there! ;):D

• Like 1

• Moderators
19 minutes ago, Laird_Scooby said:

I've noticed a "streak" sometimes with new wiper blades, it's usually where the blade rubber has been cut at such a precise 90 degrees that as it wipes it pushes the water to the end and leaves a dribble of water in a line where it has just wiped.

That kind of makes sense, when the wiper has "bedded in" a bit, it no longer leaves the streak.

Enjoy it while it's there! ;):D

Quite right but my streak is more about three inches long at the end of the wiper but today I discovered that the bit of screen that is streaking was previously untouched by a wiper....remember the SHORT !! passenger wiper?

Well now the new wiper is cleaning a bit of window previously untouched, I would guess, for quite a while.  Anyway, had a good scrub at it and it seems to have sorted it for now, although difficult to tell because the sunshine has been blazing all day !!! Can't win !!

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Accord Coupe Wiper Arm Adjustment?
  • The topic was featured