Subscriptions & Donations ×

Honda Elysion Roof Rails?

BoMar

16 minutes ago, Webbie45 said:

Can anyone help .

I've taken off the rubber gutter seal on top all be it . It perished coming off .

Im left with a silver guyter strip .

I've prized it off at the bolt areas .

But at the window screen and at the end at boot spoiler it seems to be locked in .

Cant slide forward at screen as not enough clearence.

Cant slide back as boot spoiler in way .

How did you guys get the silver gutter trim out without breaking anything 

Thanks 

Mark 

As I recall it slides away from the screen & spoiler off a clip. We didn't remove the whole strip, just lifted it enough to fit the fabricated plate then placed a piece of wood under it to drill the hole. If you damage the trims too much, replacements are available online I think  🤔

4 hours ago, Adibee said:

As I recall it slides away from the screen & spoiler off a clip. We didn't remove the whole strip, just lifted it enough to fit the fabricated plate then placed a piece of wood under it to drill the hole. If you damage the trims too much, replacements are available online I think  🤔

Ah...it looked like you had removed the lot in pics . Do ya have finished pics please close up . I just want to get it right .

Did you manage to get rubber strip back on ? 

15 minutes ago, Webbie45 said:

Ah...it looked like you had removed the lot in pics . Do ya have finished pics please close up . I just want to get it right .

Did you manage to get rubber strip back on ? 

All the pics I have are already posted on here, sorry. The rubber is kinda moulded onto the metal strip, where they pulled away at the ends we used a little glue to stick them down. Hope this helps 🙂

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to report another success and thank Adibee for the measurements and instructions,  Bomar for the original post . I will give my account, hopefully will be helpful for some. 

I never did this before but did have the tools to cut the metal and drill holes.

for the metal pieces needed to hold the bolts, I got a 2.5m piece of 20mmx4mm metal from B&Q for around £8.50 (couldn't bother to order and wait for it to turn up), cut them into 2x 120mm pieces and 2x60mm pieces. drilled 2x 7mm holes 48mm apart from the centre (or 96mm apart) and one in the centre. ( I did a 7mm hole and squared it using a file as per the original post by Adibee but found you can probably get away with 6.5mm holes. I may have had a smaller bolt so Check the coach bolt that comes with the 3033 fitting kit as there may be differences in sizes). Then another 3x 7mm holes on the 60mm piece 35mm apart (17.5mm from the centre). 

The gutter trim on the car has a plastic trim at the rear end which comes off if you pry it off with a small screw driver. then there are 4 more clips to completely unclip the trim. 2 clips/retainers are about 10cms away from either end and the other 2 are where the screws are in the pictures. Or simply pry along and you cant miss them. I would advise not to try and slide the trim off from the front as it is a bit fiddly to put it back. you don't need to have the trim off completely to do this. 

Now you fit the plates to retain the coach bolts for the fitting kit, drill a 8mm or 9mm hole where you want the bolt to come out through. put the trims back once all the bolts are retained with the metal pieces and nylock nuts. 

Took me around 4hrs to finish but I never worked with metal before and I decided to paint the metal pieces 🤪

I used 753 foot pack and 123cm aerobars. Looks nice on, no wind noise. 

hope this helps someone. If I have missed anything, please ask. I will add some pictures soon. 

• Like 1
  • Clap Hands 1

BPcknGn.jpg

View once the trim is off. Trim comes off simply by prying along. 

a7oBZXW.jpg

Another view. Can see the white retainer clip. 

Qql3MzE.jpg

The other 2 retainer clips thats fixed onto the gutter trims. These go on top of the screws. 

lFYQzTH.jpg

Squaring off the middle hole for 3033 fixing

4hxVFrk.jpg

The fitting kit screw have a squared off part that should be held in place by the metal. 

FffZLHQ.jpg

Final metal work

V4A7PIN.jpg

metal plates on, 3033 fixing screws upside down and trim drilled with the hole for the screw. 

j6F2Mg3.jpg

QX7V18e.jpg

wa6IixN.jpg

Cbllfg0.jpg?1

hnJUG0E.jpg

• Like 1
  • Clap Hands 2

• Moderators

Nice one !!

Great pictures, thanks for that adds to a good thread of information now started by Bomar, Adibee and other contributers 👍👍👍👍

Other Elysion owners can now benefit from this knowledge. 

• Like 3