Subscriptions & Donations ×

Honda Elysion Roof Rails?

BoMar

• Moderators
2 hours ago, BoMar said:

Does anyone know where to buy roof rails for Elysion? 

I understand they, roof rails, are available from Japan only but Cox Honda as st123 says they might be able to bring them over for you, at a price I guess !  Ring them and speak to Andy.

I did see a price around January 2018 of about 400 pounds for roof rails imported from Japan but I cant seem to find any reference to it now, sorry.

Alternatively nip down to Halfrauds and have a word about using their roof BAR setup.......... assuming that you want the roof bars to perform as a roof rack and not just the "rails" for the "aesthetic" look ?.. ...........perhaps you could ask Halfrauds to test them on your vehicle ! 

A lot of the generic bars are designed to fit the existing rood strips so maybe a proprietary bar kit would get you started.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, PTR200S said:

I understand they, roof rails, are available from Japan only but Cox Honda as st123 says they might be able to bring them over for you, at a price I guess !  Ring them and speak to Andy.

I did see a price around January 2018 of about 400 pounds for roof rails imported from Japan but I cant seem to find any reference to it now, sorry.

Alternatively nip down to Halfrauds and have a word about using their roof BAR setup.......... assuming that you want the roof bars to perform as a roof rack and not just the "rails" for the "aesthetic" look ?.. ...........perhaps you could ask Halfrauds to test them on your vehicle ! 

A lot of the generic bars are designed to fit the existing rood strips so maybe a proprietary bar kit would get you started.

I've already been to Halfrauds but they keep saying that they cannot find any bars for Elysion. 

I've even told them to have a look outside at the car and the actual studs under the plastric trim but they were looking at it as it was an UFO 🤣

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

IMG-20190701-121735.jpgIMG-20190701-121806.jpgIMG-20190701-122629.jpg

I've managed to fit the roof box without buying the genuine roof rails. 

I've been quoted £260 for roof rails and £280 for postage from Japan so nearly had a heart attack 🙄

If anyone is interested let me know and I'll explain how I've done it. 

• Like 2
  • Clap Hands 1

• Moderators

Seen a couple of Elysion now with the roof box and no rails be very interested to see how its done.

Please do post on how to achieve this, description and how to do it pics would be ace !!!!!

• Like 2

• Administrators
On 7/1/2019 at 9:00 PM, PTR200S said:

Please do post on how to achieve this, description and how to do it pics would be ace !!!!!

He has used the existing bolts in the roof gutters and fitted a rack intended for the VW Sharron which has bolt-on arrangement...

• Like 1

The idea is kind of similar but instead of the bolt that screws into the roof I've used the existing bolts that comes with the Thule fitting kit 3033. 

As Footpack I've used 753 because 751 is too tall. 

As Stu said I've used the existing bolts on the car as anchor points and then bought a 20mm x 4mm x600mm mild steel bar from ebay and cut it 20mm longer to suit the distance between anchor points and after drilled 3 holes, 2x7mm on the sides and 1x9mm in the middle of bar so I can fit the bolt from fitting kit. 

I've used m6 nuts to tighten down the metal strip to anchor points, drilled a hole into the trim that sits above the anchor points to suit and then assembled everything else as per video. 

Job done. 

I should have taken some pics but I totally forgot. 

Hope it helps 

• Like 4

Quick update on roof bars :

I've had a very annoying whistling noise coming from the dash area while driving above 40mph , well that's what I thought, I've even asked Stu today what can it be and just after work I've said I'll put some tape on top of the channels of the roof bars because the rubber inserts were missing and guess what THE NOISE IS GONE 🥳, I can't believe that just some rubbers can make such an awful noise. 

I've scratched my head for the last 3 days what have I've done wrong while putting the dash trim back. 

Anyway Happy Days and no more loud music to compensate for the whistling 😂

• Like 3

• Administrators
On 7/11/2019 at 12:09 AM, BoMar said:

I've had a very annoying whistling noise coming from the dash area while driving above 40mph , well that's what I thought, I've even asked Stu today what can it be and just after work I've said I'll put some tape on top of the channels of the roof bars because the rubber inserts were missing and guess what

First thing I said was the roof bars 😃👍

• Haha 2

• 11 months later...
On 7/10/2019 at 6:56 PM, BoMar said:

The idea is kind of similar but instead of the bolt that screws into the roof I've used the existing bolts that comes with the Thule fitting kit 3033. 

As Footpack I've used 753 because 751 is too tall. 

As Stu said I've used the existing bolts on the car as anchor points and then bought a 20mm x 4mm x600mm mild steel bar from ebay and cut it 20mm longer to suit the distance between anchor points and after drilled 3 holes, 2x7mm on the sides and 1x9mm in the middle of bar so I can fit the bolt from fitting kit.

So both kits 3033 and 753 are required? Can you link to the steel bars you bought and a close up of how they look on the car please?

Just bought an Elysion and thinking of adding roof bars. 

Thanks

• Like 3
  • Clap Hands 1

• Moderators
On 6/30/2020 at 9:17 PM, Bijomaru said:

So both kits 3033 and 753 are required? Can you link to the steel bars you bought and a close up of how they look on the car please?

Just bought an Elysion and thinking of adding roof bars. 

Thanks

Hi, and welcome to the forum.

Dont forget to post your pics in the pictures section, we like pics on here !!

Hopefully Bomar will be along shortly with some more information to help you. 🙂

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Am I right in thinking I need to get the 753 & 3033 parts and separate roof bars? ... if so which roof bar is suitable?

Disregard the above, I've got the parts on their way ... now just have to fabricate the plates and figure out how it all goes together... wish me luck! 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

I'm glad to report success! I used the components as listed above. 3033 fitting kit, 753 posts and went for the 135cm aero bars.

I discovered during the fit that the front and rear mounting points are different. The front plates need to be 120mm long, with 7mm holes drilled 96mm apart (so 48mm out from center). And the rear plates 55/60mm long, with the 7mm holes 35mm apart. The fixing bolt from the mounting kit is basically a high tensile coach bolt with a square section under the head to locate it securely, so it doesn't spin when you tighten the nut. Instead of a 9mm center hole, I drilled a 7.5mm hole and using a square needle file made 4 small indentations so the bolt sat flush and was prevented from spinning.

I could post a few pics (don't know how) and maybe go into more detail if anyone is interested.

The point is, if I can make it work anyone can 😉 

• Like 3