Subscriptions & Donations ×

Honda Elysion Roof Rails?

BoMar

2 hours ago, Bijomaru said:

Get yourself and http://imgur.com/ account and upload there, then insert from URL on the forum. It's weired that we don't have a 'add image from computer' button. Or email them to me if you want, and I can upload to this thread for you :)

I've put a few pics on imgur, but when I try to insert the gallery here it the url box turns red and nothing happens... can you only post one picture per post? Where am I going wrong? 🤣

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Adibee said:

I've put a few pics on imgur, but when I try to insert the gallery here it the url box turns red and nothing happens... can you only post one picture per post? Where am I going wrong? 🤣

The url you're entering from Imgur isn't the actual image url but rather the page displaying it. When you're in your account's images and viewing one, you need to copy the 'Direct Link'.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators

Nice job Adibee , do you have more pics?

You can post multi pics per post by entering the direct link for first pic and the use "return" to drop down and post another direct link.....insert captions if needed too.

• Like 1

You live & learn 🙄 ... i did wonder, but it took so long to figure out that imgurthingy and then (with the help of Bijumaru) how to use the linkthingy, i chose not to chance it ... give me power tools and I can work wonders ... technology not so easy ☺. I do have a few of the finished job, I'll put them up shortly. 

I hope the pics help anyone thinking of doing this, once you have the measurements and the right piece of steel it really is quite straightforward. 🙂

• Like 2
  • Clap Hands 1

Very helpful. I can understand now what's needed to get this done. We're going on holidays in 2 weeks so this will be a test of do we need the extra capacity for the next time. If we do, this whole thread with the pics and parts to use will be a very good guide on achieving this.

Thanks @BoMar and @Adibee

• Like 2
  • Clap Hands 1

Yeah that's why we were so keen to get it done, my Daughter, Son-in-law & three kids are off camping next Friday. With the amount of junk they take on holiday it was either roof box or trailer ... 😉.

I hope you enjoy your getaway, take care 🙂

• Like 2

• 10 months later...

Hello im from east yorkshire 

Have a 2007 2.4 elysion. 

Read this thread a few times and been to selby halfords for help but there useless. 

Can any of you guys help me with parts I need for this .

753 ...3033 .

You have any links to make sure I buy right items .

Thanks 

Mark webb 

16 minutes ago, Webbie45 said:

Hello im from east yorkshire 

Have a 2007 2.4 elysion. 

Read this thread a few times and been to selby halfords for help but there useless. 

Can any of you guys help me with parts I need for this .

753 ...3033 .

You have any links to make sure I buy right items .

Thanks 

Mark webb 

The 753 & 3033 are Thule part numbers for the bases & fitting kit you will also need the roof bars ... we went for the aerofoil shaped ones (much nicer appearance) ... we got all off the shelf at Halfords. Hope this helps 🤞

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Webbie45 said:

Thanks .

Do you have links for these parts please .

Also what do you do about removing the roof trim and refitting.  Do you cut it down and re fit

The parts are a fair bit cheaper online, just Google it. The roof trim is held in place with plastic clips, they pop out relatively easily & once you've fitted the mounting plates it's pretty straightforward to offer them up and drill holes for the bolt to poke through. 

• Like 1
  • Clap Hands 1

4 hours ago, Webbie45 said:

Those are the ones 🙂. You just need a length of steel as mentioned, you'll also need 8 x M6 nyloc nuts (pref. Half nuts) but they may come with the fitting kit, can't remember sorry 🤔🤷‍♂️ ... let me know how you get on 😉

2 hours ago, Adibee said:

Those are the ones 🙂. You just need a length of steel as mentioned, you'll also need 8 x M6 nyloc nuts (pref. Half nuts) but they may come with the fitting kit, can't remember sorry 🤔🤷‍♂️ ... let me know how you get on 😉

The 3033 kit at halfords looks different to the one on amazon 

On 6/13/2021 at 9:22 AM, Adibee said:

The parts are a fair bit cheaper online, just Google it. The roof trim is held in place with plastic clips, they pop out relatively easily & once you've fitted the mounting plates it's pretty straightforward to offer them up and drill holes for the bolt to poke through. 

Can anyone help .

I've taken off the rubber gutter seal on top all be it . It perished coming off .

Im left with a silver guyter strip .

I've prized it off at the bolt areas .

But at the window screen and at the end at boot spoiler it seems to be locked in .

Cant slide forward at screen as not enough clearence.

Cant slide back as boot spoiler in way .

How did you guys get the silver gutter trim out without breaking anything 

Thanks 

Mark