Subscriptions & Donations ×

Hi new here 😁

Paul

Hi 😁

Just found this by chance so saying a quick hello and my story here.

Bought my first Civic coupé in 1999 and loved it to pieces despite the dodgy turquoise colour and then had a new one in about 2003 with a 1.7 VTEC in it, looked amazing type R alloys and factory spoiler. Was never really a boy racer but that car looked fast standing still!

Since then 4x4's and a Hyundai Siii as Honda gave up doing proper coupe's. Recently got hold of an Accord 2.0 coupe (2000 x plate) which is an amazing car and would love to chat to people about it / swap information.

Cheers

• Like 4

• Moderators

Welcome, Paul, to our corner of the net !

The best place for info on the brilliant Honda Coupe. The head honcho here, Hughezee is the man at the top and is the top man  !,  on all things Coupe !

Ask away on anything and someone on here will invariably know the answer and dont forget we lurv pictures so get posting !!!

• Like 3

• Site Subscriber’s

Hi Buddy, I'm new here too, only had my V6 for a couple of weeks so far. Great forum, just a shame there are so few of our cars around, as I'm sure it would be much more active. I'm also a member of the Vectra forum, which is far more active! So far though, finding it invaluable. I was only looking for Accords a couple of weeks ago, so can't help thinking we might have been chasing the same cars? Where did you pick yours up from?

• Like 3

Hiya

Not sure where you're from, I'm down in Cornwall and was pure chance I ended up with the accord.

Local independent dealer who I've used for years in Saltash (Cornwall) had this mint Accord sat there for a while 63,000 miles with history and in original condition so I took it for £1500 as I'd had civic Coupe's before. Love it but was pure luck. Exhaust went in first week so had a new one fitted on warranty and everything works so very happy.

Is yours the 3.0? 

Mine seems a bit rare being 2.0 manual.

Cheers 😎

• Like 3

• Moderators

A belated welcome from me as well Paul, anything you need to know just ask, one of us will know or be able to find out.

I'm not sure the 2.0 manual is any more rare than any other Accord Coupe, just the majority of the cars on here are the 3.0 V6 version so it just seems that way. Whichever way you look at it, you have a rare wee beastie. ;):D

• Like 2

• Site Subscriber’s
On 6/7/2019 at 11:50 PM, Paul said:

Hiya

Not sure where you're from, I'm down in Cornwall and was pure chance I ended up with the accord.

Local independent dealer who I've used for years in Saltash (Cornwall) had this mint Accord sat there for a while 63,000 miles with history and in original condition so I took it for £1500 as I'd had civic Coupe's before. Love it but was pure luck. Exhaust went in first week so had a new one fitted on warranty and everything works so very happy.

Is yours the 3.0? 

Mine seems a bit rare being 2.0 manual.

Cheers 😎

I'm in Paignton. Mine's the V6. Bought on eBay! Won the bid at £1200. Within days, the car wouldn't start, but put it down to the fuel pump relay, and have since bought one of Hughzee 's recon units. No problem so far, although I find it works better if you wait for the system to prime before starting. Bit like waiting for glow plugs to heat up on a diesel. Love the rarity of it though! 

• Like 3

• Moderators
27 minutes ago, Chrismas said:

I find it works better if you wait for the system to prime before starting.

Pretty much standard, turn the ignition on, wait for the PGM-Fi light to go out, turn the key and it fires instantly. Most EFi cars are the same but often the priming is "hidden", many cars these days prime when they sense the fob near the car.

• Like 1