Subscriptions & Donations ×

My Accord Coupe 3.0 V6

Randell

randell.jpg

https://www.randelljohnphotography.com/Digital-Art/Composites/i-9GxsDkj/A

I bought my Accord 3.0Li V6 with 39,000 on the clock, from the original owner who lives in Ringwood on Jan 26 2019.

It has a full Honda Service History, (I've even got the original Honda brochure, with the scribbles made by the sales rep, who jotted down the cost of the car including the body kit and gold badges).

Nice Reg No. with this car V200 OYR (V2000YR) and it came with two sets of plates. 

Besides a couple of fine scratches on the bumpers and drivers door, it's in very good condition inside and out.

The wheels need a bit of TLC, they've got some kerb rash on the nearside wheels and a few patches of surface corrosion. (His wife wasn't much of a parker), so I'll get them sorted with a local refurbisher.

The only thing not working when I picked it up was the headlight washers, which I fixed with a new pump last weekend.

It drives like a new car, and I think I'll be hanging on to this motor for quite a while.

It has very low mileage but it's a sad story.
The gent I bought it from purchased the car in November 1999, when he retired, and drove it for a few years, and cared for it beautifully.
Unfortunately, he became ill with Parkinson's Disease and found it more and more difficult to drive, until he was eventually forced to hand in his licence.

The car has mostly sat in his garage under a dust cover since 2017, only occasionally being driven by his wife, who found it too large and powerful for her to feel comfortable with.

Eventually, his family persuaded him to sell his lovely coupe, and his granddaughter took charge of the sale and advertised it on Gumtree.

It was on the market for 6 hours, until I spotted it, called her up to make an appointment to view, and drove from South Wales to Ringwood, knowing that I'd probably buy it on the spot if the car was as in the condition advertised and all the paperwork checked out.

The previous owner was really upset to see has the car sold, and I felt really sorry for him.

I told him I'd take good care of it for him. 
A promise I intend to keep.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I've got all the receipts and service logs.
It's had two belt changes - The first was changed at only 19544 miles  (25/07/06) and it had another one fitted at 33422 (09/3/16).
Looking at the dates the belts were changed I would think they were replaced on a 'Time Basis', rather than mileage.

• Like 3

• Moderators

Beauty, glad to read you will be looking after it for a while, you struck lucky there !! 

I thought mine was a good one with one lady owner, full service history at 80k miles but yours puts mine into the shade somewhat !!! especially as it has the gold kit etc.

• Like 2

• Founding Member
40 minutes ago, Randell said:

Not sure about the gold, it's a little bit pretentious. Still, it's a lovely motor. Chuffed to bits with it.

If you ever feel you can no longer hack the pretentiousness of the gold kit......PLEEEEEEASE give me first refusal on the exhaust tips and I don’t mind the rear H emblem as mine has slightly faded.

• Haha 3

• Founding Member
6 hours ago, Randell said:

Here are some pics of the original brochure, which the original owner posted to me a week after I bought the car from him.
 It's a really nice bit of extra paperwork to have 
Check out the prices on the cover -
£23,266 - £4380 Deposit and the original owner added another £3218 for extra's plus the usual road tax and sundries. Totalling £24,124 on the road.

https://www.randelljohnphotography.com/Digital-Art/Composites/i-LNvNtnk/A

https://www.randelljohnphotography.com/Digital-Art/Composites/i-696Sbpt/A

https://www.randelljohnphotography.com/Digital-Art/Composites/i-ZptgvcK/A

The brochure is a good “read” and some really great pictures....I’ve got the same one. 

Truly is a great find mate. I bought mine as a one owner with 42k on it with FHSH but that was six and half years back and no longer has any of that.....87.7k with Stu and Ahsanul Service history.....which in my mind is more of a reliable service history😉

• Like 3

• Founding Member

That's a beauty, in such good condition.

My old coupe had the gold badges on and initially I thought he same as you, but it makes a rare car even more exclusive, and I think the goldmine black suits it.

Our you ever decide to sell, I'll take first dibs on it please!

• Like 3

• Administrators
39 minutes ago, MIKE_RAVEN said:

another example that our Coupe's are not another brick in the wall.

I think we should take this a compliment as we all own rare motors 😄😁

8 hours ago, Randell said:

It's had two belt changes - The first was changed at only 19544 miles  (25/07/06) and it had another one fitted at 33422 (09/3/16).

That's good to know, although full honda history doesn't inspire me with total confidence. 🤐

2 hours ago, Cryistic said:

Our you ever decide to sell, I'll take first dibs on it please!

Goodman Richie, any news on another Honda in your fleet yet ???? 😎

• Like 3