Subscriptions & Donations ×

Honda Elysion Sat Nav, Radio Centre Console Upgrade.

PTR200S

• Moderators

Decided to have a go at the dash / sat radio change this morning, having spent several hours on cleaning every panel on the car I needed a change.?

So off with the bits !      "A" pillar covers first, which allows the wood dash to come out and take out the lower speedo housing...sitting on top the dash in pic.

Elysion_dash_change_3.jpg

Elysion_dash_change_4.jpg

Once its all off it should look like this !!   ooh err, what have I done !

Elysion_dash_change_5.jpg

On with fitting the new cage for the sat nav thingy.

The two connections in the lower of the pic are the ONLY connections to the wood facia that runs all the way across the dash !!

Elysion_dash_change_6.jpg

Elysion_dash_change_7.jpg

Then reassemble, in the reverse order !

Elysion_dash_change_8.jpg

with a bit of luck it should look like this with just the front facia to sort out... but guess what, missing a bit of face plate !!

Elysion_dash_change_10.jpg

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
  • Moderators
On 2/5/2019 at 5:19 PM, st123 said:

floating in the sea of japan, any idea how much to change it

There seems to be a couple of ways to change the unit but apparently, the existing Japanese satnav can't be persuaded to talk either in English or show the UK/Europe roadmaps...

A quick option for the importers was to put an expander on for the radio.... not a great idea but better than nothing.

The problem of changing the sat nav / head unit over is that it needs new dash bits or certainly a bit of hacking around of the original to incorporate a new unit.

My importer sourced a head unit, just generic stuff off the net but imported, from Japan, the alternate dash parts to build it into the dash unit.  He didn't do the job completely as I needed the van "yesterday" 🙃 so he sent them along later and I did the install... he did the wiring initially which saved some time.

It has Radio, CD, Sat nav, phone connectivity, rear camera, aux, remote control, etc..., the downside is that the dash controls, joystick etc cannot be used so are now redundant but they looked like a faff to use anyway... now its all on the unit.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
4 hours ago, st123 said:

approx cost?

The units are about 100 quid i think, the cage, new dash trim, dash top cover etc i will need to see if importer can tell me.

As mine was supplied as part of my import deal i don't know off hand. 

I do know he bought a few kits as he has supplied other Elysion owners that i have pointed in his direction.

• Like 2

• Moderators

It's 5.30am, thereabouts, so if what I say doesn't make sense i will correct it later today ! 😬 when i get back from work!

The importer has come back to me to say there are no more kits of dash parts available for the type of conversion like the one done on my van. Honda have discontinued them, don't forget this version of the van was discontinued in 2012.

It maybe that some of the parts are available are still in some dusty stores somewhere else in the world but don't hold your breath  !!!!

However, the importer tells me that someone else has found an alternative conversion utilising the existing dash....he thinks.. he is meeting up with them next week to check it out.

Edit, asked him for part nos to check if any bits exist anywhere.

• Like 2

• Moderators

The part numbers are apparently as follows, a search brings them up on line but as unavailable .....haven't really had a chance to go at it properly but have a search yourself by all means .

77265-SJK-J01ZA

77160-SJK-J01ZZ

B_37_10.png

items 3 and 10, I think the no 10 item has two colours, this I believe is the beige coloured one.

1     47103-SFA-000         LABEL, FOOT PARKING                                        JPY 168         USD 1.61           
2     66418-579-000         STOPPER, GLOVE BOX LID                                  JPY 278         USD 2.65           
3     77160-SJK-J01ZZ       FRAME COMP., INSTRUMENT CENTER (RH)     JPY 4,512     USD 42.97           
4     77200-SJK-J01ZA      VISOR ASSY., METER LOWER *NH167L*           JPY 10,182    USD 96.97           
4     77200-SJK-003ZA     VISOR ASSY., METER LOWER *NH167L*           JPY 10,182    USD 96.97           
5     77205-SJK-003ZA     GARNISH ASSY., METER UPPER *NH557L*      JPY 6,915       USD 65.86           
5     77205-SJK-003ZB     GARNISH ASSY., METER UPPER *YR291L*       JPY 6,915       USD 65.86           
6     77205-S0X-A01        CLIP. SNAP FITTING                                              JPY 125          USD 1.19           
7     77220-SJK-003ZA     GARNISH ASSY.,R. METER *NH558L*                JPY 5,523       USD 52.60           
8     77225-SJK-003ZA     GARNISH ASSY.,L. METER *NH558L*                JPY 5,523       USD 52.60           
9     77240-S7S-000         LID ASSY., AUDIO WOLE                                     JPY 645           USD 6.14           
10   77265-SJK-J01ZA      PANEL ASSY., DISPLAY *NH557L*                     JPY 18,020     USD 171.61           
10   77265-SJK-J01ZB      PANEL ASSY., DISPLAY *YR291L*                      JPY 18,020     USD 171.61           

Not a great pic but shows you what it looks like compared to the diagram above. Will try and take a better picture when I get a chance.

Elysion-dash-change-11.jpg

• Like 2

• Moderators
45 minutes ago, Laird_Scooby said:

Is that a CD multichanger as well Pete or a single shot jobby?

Have to say, i didn't realise it was such an in-depth job just changing the head unit (ok i know it's slightly more than that) on the Elysion! :o

No just a one shot version.... but it does have entry points for SD cards or sticks too.... plus the sat nav has its own sd card update thingy whatsit !😜

The problem for change is that the Jap unit is a big fu... err, thing.. with an integral surround...

Elysion-arrival-8-190518.jpg

This means you need to change to a "euro" standard type thingy !! and therefore need the new cage, surrounds etc...

• Like 2

On 2/7/2019 at 5:27 AM, PTR200S said:

However, the importer tells me that someone else has found an alternative conversion utilising the existing dash....he thinks.. he is meeting up with them next week to check it out.

This sounds good though will watch this space, don't fancy ripping most the dash out.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
On 2/8/2019 at 10:52 PM, st123 said:

Good to know thanks, some of the dash trim was replaced by the importer as it broke when he took it off to fit the radio expander must have gone brittle in the jap sun

Great

So I'm not the only one who broke the trim 😭

I've bought an Android unit from China and the seller said that definitely it fits my Elysion but of course it doesn't, it's made for the 2013 models made in China, so now I have a broken trim, un unusable unit and no music at all in my car. 

Great 

Could you please tell me how to get in touch with the person who done the wiring at least? 

Thank you 

• Sad 3

• Moderators

Just a "side-note" Chinese Android isn't always compatible with the rest of the worlds Android, owned by Google and seeing as Google recently fell out with Huawei and won't support their phones anymore, it might be a blessing in disguise and just leap-frogged you to the same situation when the current crop of Android devices get to the point where they need updating and Google will no doubt update everyone elses but put some code in so the others can't use the updated apps etc.

On 7/6/2019 at 9:16 PM, Laird_Scooby said:

Just a "side-note" Chinese Android isn't always compatible with the rest of the worlds Android, owned by Google and seeing as Google recently fell out with Huawei and won't support their phones anymore, it might be a blessing in disguise and just leap-frogged you to the same situation when the current crop of Android devices get to the point where they need updating and Google will no doubt update everyone elses but put some code in so the others can't use the updated apps etc.

Thanks for reminding me about Huawei 😋, I've just renewed my contract before the news 😤

• Sad 1

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, BoMar said:

Thanks for reminding me about Huawei 😋, I've just renewed my contract before the news 😤

I sold my P20 Pro a couple of months back, just after the news about Goggle and Huawei broke. Even then, it didn't get what others had before the news.

Someone said to me a week ago "there are other search engines" - they didn't seem to get the fact Google own Android and its system so if they don't support a phone, it ain't gonna work!

I suppose China will come out with the "y-Phone" and "y-OS" and have "y-Pads" and "y-Pods" etc sometime soon and Steve Jobs will have a hissy fit and sue the noodles off them.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 1 year later...

@PTR200SDid you install this after taking out the standard japanese sat nav? I saw the russian supplied Android kit but I'd rather fit something that comes with Apple Car play out of the box. Quite a few Sony, JVC, Meanwood etc 2-din kits at Halfords. Wondering if I can install it instead of the original sat nav or would I need this surround to fit the aftermarket 2-din unit. 

• Like 3

• Moderators

Not sure that Russian kit is doing all it apparently it says it can do...the instructions are interesting!!!

It may well be a Chinese unit they are selling for the Russian markets and may not be Europe compatible.?.some of the guys on the faceache group are trying it out so maybe more info soon.

The 2 din kits may well be OK but you need to get the housing to suit...surrounds may be a problem.... do the kits specify the Elysion  or just 2 din generic  kits ..?

I presume the unit you are looking at has all the requirements , radio, cd etc, plus sat nav and rear camera facility?  You may need to source a step down as the camera is an 8 volt unit...probably easier to install new rear camera unit.

• Like 2

Apple Carplay is pretty much all I will need as that will give me navigation and Spotify plus DAB etc. Some units have 2 video inputs so I assume it would even be possible to feed the front bumper cameras too. I'm not sure I understand the need for voltage step down here. The signal from the camera(s) arrives on a yellow RCA cable, right? Are there under voltage and need to be reduced?

The chinese/russian unit is running Android and I saw a few videos of those and it does not instill be with confidence in terms of its speed. I don't want something laggy of unknown origins for a £150. I'd rather spend £200 on a branded kit. Plus, with the surround from your photos it puts it a bit closer to the driver, which is nice. Touch screen where the original sat-nav is, is a little to far.

Can you just clarify that you had the original sat-nav, you ripped it out, added the additional surround and then the unit went in? 

The units I am looking at are generic 2-din units. Some are full 2-din in the back as well as the screen, some only have a 2-din screen with a reduced in size backs.

To be completely honest, I am looking at the options available and the cost implications. If I am to spent £500 and potentially damaging the dash to get a little bit convenience, I may just use a phone holder for navi and bluetooth to RCA adapter like I have now, and live with it, while only using the built in sat-nav for front and rear cameras.

• Like 3

• Moderators

The old sat nav is the one shown in the last 7th February entry above, the replacement was sourced by the importer along with the new surround but these surrounds are unavailable now...I posted the part numbers up the thread , might be worth trying a search again just in case.

As the unit is nearer the driver you also need the new cage to fit the new unit into, the covers fit to suit.  If you can find the cage and covers then in theory you can fit the correct size sat nav to it, if I recall it takes 7.5 inch unit, so anything from 6.5 inch up would probably go.

Cameras,  the early units had " transformer " as I understand it , rated at 8 volts.... mine , Honda  unit, is discon and  a new camera setup installed. Can't help with the yellow feed info, perhaps Stu may know.

• Like 2