Subscriptions & Donations ×

Honda Elysion Sat Nav, Radio Centre Console Upgrade.

PTR200S

• 7 months later...

Hello. Did you need a special wiring harness or anything? Did the generic 2 DIN Android stereo just come with all of the wiring and other bits and pieces needed to connect it to the built-in audio? Do you still hear the Japanese voice prompts, etc. or is that generated from the factory head unit? Does your vehicle have composite/RCA connectors in the back so you can connect old video players and/or a screen mounted to the ceiling? If so, does that still work?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• Moderators
On 3/11/2021 at 9:22 AM, dmac NZ said:

Hello. Did you need a special wiring harness or anything? Did the generic 2 DIN Android stereo just come with all of the wiring and other bits and pieces needed to connect it to the built-in audio? Do you still hear the Japanese voice prompts, etc. or is that generated from the factory head unit? Does your vehicle have composite/RCA connectors in the back so you can connect old video players and/or a screen mounted to the ceiling? If so, does that still work?

Hi and welcome to H6nda 😁

Don't forget to introduce yourself and your Elysion on the Newbie section.😃

To try and answer your questions, each radio install is different but generally you will have a radio plug supplied with the unit which you will need to cobble to the existing wiring. This will eliminate all dashboard controls...everything can be done off the new install touchscreen or remote

There are no jap voice prompts as the total system is disconnected and was part of the head unit.

I don't have a rear mount video unit so can't help there. There are rear connections for various things but as I sit in the front seat I have never bothered with it.🤪

There is a Russian website offering complete conversion kits but as for install you are on your own again .

I believe that the Odyssey head unit can be used as a direct replacement but I have never seen any details but likely a try it and see regarding connections. 

• Like 1
  • Clap Hands 1

• Moderators

Welcome aboard from me as well. Would be worth checking out the autoleads website to see what parts are available including interfaces for existing steering wheel controls to new head units - you need to know what sort of controls the steering wheel has though. If they are resistive, you're pretty much sorted, if they're CANBus it's a bit of a shit shot in the dark as to whether you can get the right interface or not. ;):D

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
On 2/7/2019 at 5:15 PM, PTR200S said:

The part numbers are apparently as follows, a search brings them up on line but as unavailable .....haven't really had a chance to go at it properly but have a search yourself by all means .

77265-SJK-J01ZA

77160-SJK-J01ZZ

http://jp-carparts.com/images/honda/parts_image/11SJK501/B_37_10.png

items 3 and 10, I think the no 10 item has two colours, this I believe is the beige coloured one.

1     47103-SFA-000         LABEL, FOOT PARKING                                        JPY 168         USD 1.61           
2     66418-579-000         STOPPER, GLOVE BOX LID                                  JPY 278         USD 2.65           
3     77160-SJK-J01ZZ       FRAME COMP., INSTRUMENT CENTER (RH)     JPY 4,512     USD 42.97           
4     77200-SJK-J01ZA      VISOR ASSY., METER LOWER *NH167L*           JPY 10,182    USD 96.97           
4     77200-SJK-003ZA     VISOR ASSY., METER LOWER *NH167L*           JPY 10,182    USD 96.97           
5     77205-SJK-003ZA     GARNISH ASSY., METER UPPER *NH557L*      JPY 6,915       USD 65.86           
5     77205-SJK-003ZB     GARNISH ASSY., METER UPPER *YR291L*       JPY 6,915       USD 65.86           
6     77205-S0X-A01        CLIP. SNAP FITTING                                              JPY 125          USD 1.19           
7     77220-SJK-003ZA     GARNISH ASSY.,R. METER *NH558L*                JPY 5,523       USD 52.60           
8     77225-SJK-003ZA     GARNISH ASSY.,L. METER *NH558L*                JPY 5,523       USD 52.60           
9     77240-S7S-000         LID ASSY., AUDIO WOLE                                     JPY 645           USD 6.14           
10   77265-SJK-J01ZA      PANEL ASSY., DISPLAY *NH557L*                     JPY 18,020     USD 171.61           
10   77265-SJK-J01ZB      PANEL ASSY., DISPLAY *YR291L*                      JPY 18,020     USD 171.61           

Not a great pic but shows you what it looks like compared to the diagram above. Will try and take a better picture when I get a chance.

Elysion-dash-change-11.jpg

Hi, I am trying to source these parts. I am not able to get hold of the plastic cover. Any advise or guidance.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/10/2021 at 2:40 PM, manuellbills said:

Thanks a ton  mate. I did not know about 77265SJKJ02ZA . jumping with joy now. Fingers crossed. It is Obon Holidays in Japan.

Hello Folks, 

Absolutely heart broken yesterday. Amayama has cancelled my order stating 77265-SJK-J02ZA is out of stock. Not sure what to do. I have asked my f

@PTR200S @st123 AND OTHERS  - Any advise or help here please. 

Thank you

• Sad 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators
1 hour ago, manuellbills said:

I bought this part - 77265-SJK-J02ZB 

Did lot of browsing the internet and ended up with this part reference.

That's the same reference then but different suffix ?? Colour possibly? Beige 🤣

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Hi just signed up to ask for your help my dad has just brought a 2008 honda elysion prestige 3.5 v6 in pearl white. awesome car very much let down by the stereo and nav. So stupidly I talked him into trying a Chinese android unit as it was supposed to be plug and play! What a mistake that was. So queue lots of Google searches and I have managed to get 90% of the way there it turns on and you can hear it but I was really hoping to get steering wheel controls working. Are they resistance based on this model or is it canbus? How do you tell the difference? Also I'm needing the reverse switch for the reverse camera I'm running a new camera and lead for that so I just need the reverse switch cable. I have so far removed so many modules for tvs no longer present and I'm guessing Toll modules soo many things removed. So hoping someone can help me just get the last few bits sorted and it's a success. 

Cheers Carl

56 minutes ago, CarlitoE1 said:

Hi just signed up to ask for your help my dad has just brought a 2008 honda elysion prestige 3.5 v6 in pearl white. awesome car very much let down by the stereo and nav. So stupidly I talked him into trying a Chinese android unit as it was supposed to be plug and play! What a mistake that was. So queue lots of Google searches and I have managed to get 90% of the way there it turns on and you can hear it but I was really hoping to get steering wheel controls working. Are they resistance based on this model or is it canbus? How do you tell the difference? Also I'm needing the reverse switch for the reverse camera I'm running a new camera and lead for that so I just need the reverse switch cable. I have so far removed so many modules for tvs no longer present and I'm guessing Toll modules soo many things removed. So hoping someone can help me just get the last few bits sorted and it's a success. 

Cheers Carl

For the steering wheel controls it's usually the wires KEY 1 and KEY 2. For the reverse camera to engage you need to source it directly to the reverse tail light.

• Like 1
  • Clap Hands 1

• 1 year later...

I have been researching for weeks on this install and I am grateful for some of the info here. Most the Japanese translated sites I find tell me I need to pull speaker wires from my factory amp to make this install work. Does anyone know where I can find wiring diagrams? OP did you just splice into the existing harness that was from the OEM display? If so what wires did you connect? Thanks.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...