Subscriptions & Donations ×

Honda Elysion Purchase Suggestions "EXTERNAL LINKS"

hughezee

• 4 weeks later...
  • Moderators
1 hour ago, Wolfie said:

I'm looking for a V6 with the black trim and seats

As someone who has a car with black leather seats, door cards and (originally) carpet and headlining too, i think you might find that oppressive, even in something as roomy as an Elysion.

I changed the carpets and headlining to mid-grey which has reduced the oppression but would realy like to change the headlining to something lighter. It also soaks up all the suns heat and jeeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzz, is that black leather hot! :o

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Laird_Scooby said:

As someone who has a car with black leather seats, door cards and (originally) carpet and headlining too, i think you might find that oppressive, even in something as roomy as an Elysion.

I changed the carpets and headlining to mid-grey which has reduced the oppression but would realy like to change the headlining to something lighter. It also soaks up all the suns heat and jeeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzz, is that black leather hot! :o

I like the darkness 🤣🤣

I've had an e39 5 series with black interior and tinted windows and really liked it, it was alcantara though not leather. 

• Like 2

• Moderators

Alcantara is softer and doesn't hold the heat as much as leather so try and view your potential purchase on a hot sunny day and make sure you don't get fried by the moo-cow! As for liking the darkness, that's a personal choice but it can also cause some strange shadows and reflections in the mirror and windows.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Laird_Scooby said:

Alcantara is softer and doesn't hold the heat as much as leather so try and view your potential purchase on a hot sunny day and make sure you don't get fried by the moo-cow! As for liking the darkness, that's a personal choice but it can also cause some strange shadows and reflections in the mirror and windows.

Luckily the one i'm interested in is only half leather so it'll just take the skin off my legs. To be honest the only issues I had with the 5 series were when it rained and that was only because the front doors had tints on the glass too

• Like 1

• Moderators
21 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

hoping to go look at an Elysion on Monday, having never looked at one close up before can i assume chassis numbers are in the usual places?

Not in the front screen, lift bonnet, on the front slam panel, near the bonnet catch.

Model number type "RR3" for example, "VX" trim type etc, plus vin number and colour codes.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • Moderators

Here is a BLUE one!!!   

Not sure if it's the same colour shade as mine, the pictures are "export" pics.....its on a boat to the UK right now!!!!

A lot of money for a 2005 plate, base specification VG version, £7250 , does have the twin sunroof option though  !!!!!!!! 59k miles

No mention of speedo conversion or radio sat nav conversion done withing that price, or new tyres come to that.

Presumably,  as it gets an mot , then the rear fog light should  be done too.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/353629024560

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Moderators
56 minutes ago, hughezee said:

Looks like the Honda Elysion P2 to me Pete, which ran 2008-2013 😉

Oops, that's, what you get from posting at 4am in the morning, quite right Stu,  it has the central "light bar " on the tailgate....don't know where I was at with that !!!!! I mean I have a mk1 tailgate right in front of me...or behind I guess.

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...