Subscriptions & Donations ×

Honda Accord Coupe Readng ECU Codes

ROGER B

• Site Subscriber’s

Is there a code reader for the 1998 - 2002 v6 accord. Been to 5 so-called ECU professionals but none of them can read the accord v6. Can do up to 1998 and after 2002. Am advised to use flash code reading and one kind guy gave me a fist full of flash code lists. !!! Are there any known places/individuals apart from Stuart where this might be found. The issue is the car goes rather too well,  although fuel use is about the same as the other car. Apart from performance and I am sure it has lowered suspension there are no other issues.

• Haha 3

• Moderators

Not sure why you would want to scan it if it *goes rather too well* !!!

Think I might want to scan the other one for not going too well ? !!!!!

Seriously though, what is it you are looking for?

• Like 2

• Administrators

Also, you might have different tuning or a different autobox, there are three versions of the transmission, the 1998-1999 can drive sluggish compared to 2000-2001 depends on the year of construction rather than first registration date. Retro Rich has a 1999 model on a 2001 plate for example. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• Moderators
On 6/15/2018 at 6:55 AM, PTR200S said:

Not sure why you would want to scan it if it *goes rather too well* !!!

I'm with Pete on this - if it's not using excessive fuel and going well, leave it alone! In other words, if it ain't broke, don't fix it! ;):D

• Site Subscriber’s

Well if it is, I should notify the insurers. Also am led to believe it can mess up the vehicle speed recording data. Within some remapping's ( again so I am led to believe ) certain fault codes are removed from the ECU and warning lights switched off. EU is supposed to be making it harder/illegal for it to be carried out.

• Like 1

• Moderators
52 minutes ago, ROGER B said:

Well if it is, I should notify the insurers.         Also am led to believe it can mess up the vehicle speed recording data.

What are you going to notify them of ?   Going rather too well ??

They will want more information than that which you cannot provide,  and the code reader won't help you with that, it just  tells you something is amiss.

You will also need facts re the vehicle speed recording data.... I presume you have an insurance black box fitted ???

The car doesnt record speed data so there is nothing to access there, again i am presuming you mean road speed against actual road speed limits for instance?

• Like 2