Subscriptions & Donations ×

Owners manual, translation as she is writ !

PTR200S

• Moderators

?

I have posted this here rather than in the Elysion project file just for your interest !!

This is just three of over 500 pages in the Honda Elysion manual that have obviously been translated by some automatic system !

elysion_manual_1.jpgelysion_manual_2.jpg

elysion_manual_3.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

• Founding Member

My other half is a professional translator (German / English though) and she very often gets such gibberish to put into correct German.  But with my native English, her pretty perfect English, and a lot of head scratching we are still often baffled as to what the author is trying to say....  Karin has a collection of such nonsense - I will see if she wants to add to it....

• Haha 5

• Moderators

Having worked on a lot of German and Italian machinery with maintenance manuals only in the original native language, i've come across some real howlers.

I did German up to "O" level/CSE 1 and picked up a lot of Italian just through working it out from what little i knew of French, guesswork and sometimes an English-Italian Technical Translation Dictionary.

Can't remember any of them just now but from the gist of what i remember of them, they make that lot look sensible! :wacko:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 years later...
  • Moderators

I think I may have missed a world event of some magnitude.,,,,,,,,,

Just found another interesting notation in the Janglish manual regarding the alarm .

"The system activates the alarm when the door,  bonnet or tailgate is opened without using a key, keyless entry or Honda smart key.

Honking the horn and at the same time blinking the emergency EXTINCTION indicator." !!!!!!

I least I will know I am dead........🙄😄😄

• Haha 2

• 1 year later...
  • Moderators
On 5/13/2022 at 9:11 AM, SKhan said:

Hello all, new here. Anyway that English version would be of use to me....where can we download/purchase? Just bought my elysion yesterday.

There is a translated manual on the Facebook group "Honda Elysion owners UK" in the files section...not great but you might be able to glean info from it?

• Like 1

Ok so I've referred to this somewhere else.....just used the google translate app to decipher most of the Jap manual (just hover your phone camera over the page and it gives a real time albeit not so perfect transl). Check out below. I've been advised there's a manual on Facebook somewhere also, tks again.

IMG-0674.jpg

• 6 months later...
  • Moderators

Just come across an owners manual on amazon,  translated into proper English and fully readable with illustrations. The sort of owners manual that you would get with the car...not a workshop manual. 

It appears to be for the RR1, RR2 and RR4 versions . 2.4 engine although I guess it would be pretty much the same for the RR3 as it is interior operation of various parts..cruise control info would be missing though, for instance, as the 2.4 doesn't have it as standard. The RR4 is 3 litre so I am not sure why it only specs the 2.4 and not the RR3 as well.

284 pages for 30 quid delivered 🙃🙃🙃

There is at least one been sold, one feedback, anyone got one ????

• Like 2