Subscriptions & Donations ×

Seat Belts lowering adjustment?

PTR200S

• Moderators

Just wondered if anyone has got lowering adjustment on their belts? or an aftermarket adjuster?

I am surprised that there isn't any adjustment in the Coupe, I am getting passenger complaints about the lack of height adjustment :rolleyes:

Is there a recommended version to use? the aftermarket stuff I mean.

• Confused 2

• Administrators

Think you will find allot of 2 & 3 door motors don't have adjustment Pete including old & new Range Rovers, BMW's etc, seems to a coupe niggle in general, but personally never found it a problem. Maybe passenger getting the seat in the right position for a more comfortable journey or go with an aftermarket solution as you suggested. I don't have any recommendations, so nipping down halfrauds to have a look at what they have to resolve the problem would be my other suggestion?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
4 hours ago, GeoffPurpleHaze said:

I agree, never been a problem, my seat is set perfect and is comfy.  Perhaps use a bolster cushion?  :D

I thought perhaps I should shove the passenger in the boot, its big enough !!

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/12/2017 at 9:02 AM, Laird_Scooby said:

No seat belt height adjusters??? :o I'm shocked! I'll have to double check my Coupé now but i'm sure it has them.

Hmmmm....... pretty sure I have them too.  And I have electric seat height adjustment.   Were these features not standard on the coupes?

• Like 1

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, welland99 said:

Hmmmm....... pretty sure I have them too.  And I have electric seat height adjustment.   Were these features not standard on the coupes?

Got electric seat but definetly no seat belt adjusters....got them all in the Tourer but that is 7th gen.....

• Like 2

• Moderators

I double-checked my Coupé and no, it doesn't have seat belt height adjusters. The saloon does though but that still doesn't help anyone really. Might help me if i can find a way to retro-fit a set of saloon upper seat belt mounts but to be honest, i've never felt the need to adjust the seat belt in mine.

• Like 2

On 23/12/2017 at 9:17 PM, welland99 said:

I checked today and discovered that I DON'T have seat belt height adjusters.   I must have been thinking about my old Merc.   Mind you, even though my wife and I are very different in height, we never bothered to adjust the seat belt height and it seemed fine for us both.  

• Like 2