Subscriptions & Donations ×

1998-2002 Accord Coupe Clear Side Repeaters

hughezee

• Moderators

I have to say I have never been impressed with clear repeaters, took them off my XK8 'cos they looked wrong... its possibly dark coloured cars dont suit, who knows but each to his own :D

And i don't mean to be rude, its just my opinion :wacko:

• Like 2

• Moderators

On a lot of things they never look right on a dark car or somethings look wrong on light coloured cars. For example, there are certain wheels that look wrong on pale Rover 800s yet look fantastic on dark cars. Conversely different wheels look fantastic on light cars but absolute tat on dark ones.

Same goes for the side repeaters - clear ones look naff on dark cars, orange ones look naff on light. Part of the reason i changed the orange ones on my Volvo for clear ones as soon as possible! I've seen clear ones on a midnight blue Volvo similar to mine and they just look wrong.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Site Subscriber’s
11 hours ago, AhsyV6 said:

I know it’s just an opinion but I think clears all round on a dark Coupe makes a massive difference and give it a more modern look

Agreed - and it is just an opinion but we all want our car to be appealing to ourselves.

Chrome plated bulbs are definitely needed now for the front and back indicators, after seeing the difference they make to look of Stuart's at the front.

It was parked next to a V6 in the other shade of black on Sunday and the clear rear lenses and different centre caps to the standard wheels made the car look a whole different beast.

At this rate... I'll be convincing myself to get a respray ?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• 3 months later...

I've done a search and not found much. I like the look of clear / white repeaters, and will soon be changing to mirrored front bulbs when the new poppers arrive for the wheelarch liners. Loads look the same, which ones fit properly though as I can't seem to find coupe specific ones anywhere. Are the saloon accords the same, the HR-Vs or the Civics?  33801SF4J01 come up as a  part number for std, but differentfor the HRV for instance. Knowing Honda it's a fairly standard part across a range? 

• Like 1

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Lumpy said:

Are the saloon accords the same, the HR-Vs or the Civics?  33801SF4J01 come up as a  part number for std, but differentfor the HRV for instance. Knowing Honda it's a fairly standard part across a range? 

The Accord coupe is born from a totally different parts bin although the UK built model clear repeaters will fit after some modification and worth the effort IMO as aftermarket ones for the coupe aren't the best quality.  

• Like 1

• The title was changed to 1998-2002 Accord Coupe Clear Side Repeaters