Subscriptions & Donations ×

1998-2002 Accord Coupe Lights (HB3/HB4 LED)

hughezee

• Administrators

Well I was never keen on HID's in a standard light housing due to heat build up issues, I've seen the pro's & con's shall we say :huh:

Anyway since seeing member Dave getting some respectable results with LED's and fitting a few LED kits to other cars lately I decided to take the plunge and thought I would share a few shots ;)

IMG_20160323_144923_zps6xoe7pck.jpg

IMG_20160323_145621_zps86vohbwm.jpg

IMG_20160323_145633_zpsf0lrha3l.jpg

IMG_20160323_150608_zpsmgnd4awu.jpg

IMG_20160323_203808_zpsktuwh38m.jpg

I haven't tested them out fully, as I need to remove my air filter housing and resonator box air entry pipe to gain better access to install the N.S LED, but so far I'm impressed and my camera doesn't do them justice B)

• Like 3

• Founding Member

Hmmm.....

1. Do they/will they/are they likely to get hot?
  2. Is the light penetration (oo err Dave) as good as the Osram Nightbreakers?
  3. Is the length (oo err Dave) of the beam the same/longer than normal bulbs?
  4. How much are they?
  5. Will they last forever?
  6. Do they just plug in?

:)

• Like 2

• Administrators
  1. Do they/will they/are they likely to get hot? YES + FAN BUILT-IN
  2. Is the light penetration (oo err Dave) as good as the Osram Nightbreakers? YES
  3. Is the length (oo err Dave) of the beam the same/longer than normal bulbs? YES
  4. How much are they? BARGAIN
  5. Will they last forever? NO
  6. Do they just plug in? YES
  • Like 1

• Moderators
54 minutes ago, GeoffPurpleHaze said:

Hmmm.....

1. Do they/will they/are they likely to get hot?
  2. Is the light penetration (oo err Dave) as good as the Osram Nightbreakers?
  3. Is the length (oo err Dave) of the bean the same/longer than normal bulbs?
  4. How much are they?
  5. Will they last forever?
  6. Do they just plug in?

:)

1. Yes but not as hot as conventional halogen or HID bulbs

2. At least, if not better

3. No baked beans need be harmed but the beam is much better. ;):lol:

4. Mine were about £30/pair delivered or as Stu says - BARGAIN!!!

5. No but expected lifetime is 30000+ hours - that's roughly 1.2 million miles of driving with them on.

6. Yes.

7. Have a look in my Project Galactic thread for some more pics etc. You'll need slightly different bulbs for yours but the main light source is the same.

• Like 2

• Founding Member
10 minutes ago, hughezee said:
  • Do they/will they/are they likely to get hot? YES + FAN BUILT-IN
  • Is the light penetration (oo err Dave) as good as the Osram Nightbreakers? YES
  • Is the length (oo err Dave) of the beam the same/longer than normal bulbs? YES
  • How much are they? BARGAIN
  • Will they last forever? NO
  • Do they just plug in? YES

Sweet, I shall be popping over to Honda 6 HQ in the near future for a few things so I'll have a look at Stu's, I may be tempted.....

• Like 3

• Moderators

They are an awesome addition Geoff. When you consider most places charge about £20 for Osram Nightbeakers, these are about a tenner more per pair but last a lot longer. I know the local Police use Nightbreakers but many of them say they prefer using LED bulb equipped cars because although the light is brighter and reaches further etc, it's more restful on the eyes - strange but true.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
  • Moderators

Forgot to update this Geoff! My Sterling in the middle with some different LED bulbs (i'll link to them in a mo), the 827 SLi on the left of the Sterling has ebay Xenon look halogen bulbs and the 820 SLi fastback on the right has Osram NIghtbreakers :

IMG_20160507_221332.jpg

IMG_20160507_221238.jpg

Without boasting i'd say the LED bulbs i'm using put both of the others in the shade - literally! This is them :

http://www.powerfuluk.com/h4-led-4000-lm-headlight-bulbs-range-rover-p38-white-pair.html

A bit pricey, yes but worth every penny once you've driven with them. Also that beam pattern means no worries come the dreaded annual! ;):D

• Like 1

Hi all. Just got the LED kit installed today at Honda6 HQ. Wow, what a difference. That has to be one of the best little mods you can potentially do to your car. So far highly recommended. Still need to go for a longer night drive outside the town to have a full picture though.

• Like 3

• Administrators
On 08/11/2016 at 9:45 PM, GeoffPurpleHaze said:

Hmmmm, I think I may partake in these LED headlight bulbs Stu.  Does Flex still have them Stu?

No buddy I was experimenting with them and since I purchased them with club donation funds, I put them back into the club as raffle prize :D but they are definitely a worthwhile upgrade though ;)

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 25/03/2016 at 10:01 PM, hughezee said:
  1. Do they/will they/are they likely to get hot? YES + FAN BUILT-IN
  2. Is the light penetration (oo err Dave) as good as the Osram Nightbreakers? YES
  3. Is the length (oo err Dave) of the beam the same/longer than normal bulbs? YES
  4. How much are they? BARGAIN
  5. Will they last forever? NO
  6. Do they just plug in? YES

where can i get them  and what bulb is it please

• Like 1

• Administrators

They are HB3/HB4 as the title suggests m8y and the cheaper ones won't fit the V6 very well as the air inlet consumes the space in that area and don't go for the highest output either as they won't work correctly and will fail a MOT or worse you could incur a fine and points from the police.

• Like 1