Subscriptions & Donations ×

Honda Sunroof Wind Deflector "ACCORD COUPE"

hughezee

• Moderators

Hmm, i have a roll of black, self adhesive film, not quite gloss but not matt either. Also picked up a roll of plastic wood effect stuff the other daywhich will be ideal for the Jeep as that has loads of genuine plastic wood (must be an Ohio thing :lol: ) so if the wood effect stuff works in the Jeep, i'll try the black on the coupé bumper. :D

• Like 1

• Founding Member
16 hours ago, hughezee said:

Little genuine Honda add-on I purchased from member AhsyV6, (Thanks m8) I'm not sure whether it could be considered something like a bonnet bra :rolleyes:

56e44b15b267d_IMG_20160312_1647271.thumb

56e44c9581314_IMG_20160312_1647401.thumb

Nevertheless I like it for now :)

Found this pic which I took the day I picked up my previous coupe in Jan 2008 from which the roof spoiler came from. I won it at auction on eBay for £3,418 and remember how nerve racking it was.

ps I didn't win the Bloke in the passenger seat.....he's my bezzie^_^image.thumb.png.9308505e458804df31ac26e7

• Like 1

• Moderators
12 hours ago, hughezee said:

will be wrapping my roof in gloss black vinyl before Rob AKA coupeman pops over soon, as he want's his doing :lol:  go with the flow an all that B) 

Hmm, odd how fashions and trends always seem to come back round. Go back 40-50 years and vinyl roofs were all the rage then they died out in the 80s, perhaps with the rising phoenix of the soft-top and people saying "i didn't buy a soft top, i don't want it to look like i have" which of course tended to be mainly yuppy led - if they had a soft top then they definitely wanted a soft top look.

Personally i've always liked them and think they can really set a car off. A friend rolled his Mini and when it was repaired they fitted a vinyl roof as it was cheaper than respraying it. It was Trafalgar Blue (the lighter 80s version of Trafalgar Blue) and the vinyl roof was a couple of shades lighter - really looked good on it, better in fact than the pre-rolled car!

Been thinking of a vinyl roof for mine for a long time now, still unsure but maybe one day i'll decide!

• Like 1

• Administrators

Thanks for explaining a little Dave ;)

15 minutes ago, welland99 said:

How, exactly, is it fixed on? 
And what does it do? 

The clue is in its name :lol: but even with roof closed the car is even quieter which I hadn't noticed before and when the sunroof is fully retracted it eliminates the annoying noise and rush of wind in the car and to be honest didn't really notice the roof was open noise wise so it works ;)

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Laird_Scooby said:

Yyou know when you have the sunroof slid back, you sometimes get that buffeting thing? It's meant to prevent that by deflecting the air over the roof hole rather than into it. Not sure how it's fixed though...........

Oh yes.  I drove with my sunroof open the other day and had that air pressure thing.  I normally solve it by opening one of the windows a fraction. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, hughezee said:

The clue is in its name :lol:

I though about that, but then I thought  that if it was really good at deflecting the air, it would be like having the sunroof closed!:D

16 minutes ago, hughezee said:

even with roof closed the car is even quieter which I hadn't noticed before and when the sunroof is fully retracted it eliminates the annoying noise and rush of wind in the car and to be honest didn't really notice the roof was open noise wise so it works ;)

Great!

• Like 1