Subscriptions & Donations ×

Which Spark Plugs 1998 1999 2000 2001 Accord Coupe 2.0

hughezee

• Administrators

Answering a commonly searched subject and trying to steer avid DIYers away from other well-known brands that I wouldn't even recommend to my worst enemy.

These are my most widely used spark plugs.

**NGK ZFR6F-11 Standard Spark Plug**
DENSO KJ16CR-L11 Standard Spark Plug
DENSO KJ20CR-L11 Standard Spark Plug

SS.jpg

They're very few real-world benefits of using iridium spark plugs in the F-series engine (H22 engine excluded). However, with the introduction of E10 fuel, they can offer better performance over standard plugs.

TT.jpg

NGK ZFR6FIX-11 Iridium IX Spark Plug
DENSO IK16TT Iridium TT Spark Plug
DENSO IK20TT Iridium TT Spark Plug

NGK LPG6LPG LPG6 Standard Spark Plug

• Founding Member

Haven't had the plugs out of mine for years (and years).  Probably over 5 years, in fact.  But, I've been meaning to get them out to examine them just for curiosity.  If I find what they are, I'll let you know. 

Have fun, took me 4 hours to get the 6 plugs out in the purple project coupe.

I had back surgery 2 months later, I'm sure it wasn't related.........

• Founding Member

Was it half an hour for the front bank and three and a half on the rear? Or are both banks equally accessible?

Both banks are ok for access, you just have to lean over to get the back bank but there is loads of room to work in, not like my wifes Lexus RX where the back bank is under the dash.

As the plugs probably had never been changed on Purple Haze it was just a long process of 1/4 turn forward and then 2 full turns back to loosen everything up and avoid stripping the screw threads in the block.

Putting new plugs in took maybe 30 at most, with coffee and nosey neighbors getting in the way

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Hi guys

well I got some 4 x new (well 5, euro gave me 5 instead of 4 I paid for !), there denso's  K20PBR-S10 these have got 3 x posts on them and its now running smooth as a kitten. I got all 4 (well 5 really) for £7.20 incl vat.The part No 408771030 if you want to order from Euro Car parts.

post-59-0-14882700-1425770172_thumb.jpg

post-59-0-38516900-1425770182_thumb.jpg

Edwin

• Like 1

• Administrators

Sounds like a result buddy with a free plug, just grab three more sets and get one lot free :lol: however these are not the right plugs and may not be gapped correctly either :rolleyes: typical euro car parts although denso list a few different plugs on its global pages and catalogues for the coupe, although K20PBR-S10 isn't one of them :huh: and that EP part number comes up as a Bosch Spark Plug :wacko:  http://www.eurocarparts.com/search/408771030/p/home

• Administrators

They are listed as standard plug with a gap 1.0mm and the coupe requires a 1.1mm and since you have three tips it could be pain to get the gaps spot on and you would need a feeler gauge as well, if you want to return them I would get them out before they become discoloured and they wont have them back  :unsure: either way I could drop some plugs in with the relay ;)

Hughezee

that's a bummer, thanks or the heads up ,i'll take em out, lucky for me I still got the old ones so i'll swop the back today ! the 3 tips looked cool but i'll take your heed.Hughezee how much do you want for the relay and the plugs .I appreciate what your doing for me.

thanks again for ALL your help M8

Edwin ;)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

update: well the sparks supplied to me by Stu are still firing well and smooth as a cod piece, no blips just a steady 900rpms when idling, and in this hot weather still holding up. so i would recommend them to anyone.

Ask Stu as he will point you in the right direction for sure.There do exactly whats said on the box. Edwin

• Like 2

• Founding Member

Excellent Edwin.  Not sure which brand are in Purple Haze but the revs are rock steady too.  I don't like this humid weather though and neither does Haze, for the first time since I had her her fans kicked in tonight when I pulled on the drive.  Must be hot! 

• The title was changed to Which Spark Plugs 1998 1999 2000 2001 Accord Coupe 2.0i
  • The title was changed to Which Spark Plugs 1998 1999 2000 2001 Accord Coupe 2.0
  • This topic was pinned, unpinned and featured
  • The topic was unfeatured
  • The topic was pinned