Subscriptions & Donations ×

Newbie looking to buy my first accord v6

will79

• Moderators

Just a thought - Richie, you suggested the dealer wouuld try and play the pair of you off against each other if you both looked at that grey coupé. Why don't the pair of you turn the tables on the dealer and then whichever of you does actually want the car in the end can drive him down that much harder as you'll both know when he's telling porkies?

...hadnt seen that one though mate. there was a lovely deep purple one up in scotland on autotrader, 57k and again, over a grand cheaper than the first one i looked at. he's got a cash buyer looking tomorrow though so I've probably missed the boat on that one

It is a nice one up in Scotland but unless you live up that way, it puts it a bit out of most peoples reach because of the distance etc involved in collecting, viewing etc.

• Like 1

• Founding Member

Just a thought - Richie, you suggested the dealer wouuld try and play the pair of you off against each other if you both looked at that grey coupé. Why don't the pair of you turn the tables on the dealer and then whichever of you does actually want the car in the end can drive him down that much harder as you'll both know when he's telling porkies?

It is a nice one up in Scotland but unless you live up that way, it puts it a bit out of most peoples reach because of the distance etc involved in collecting, viewing etc.

True, but it's an 90 min drive from here so I'll just sit this one out I think.

• Founding Member

You say I'm generous at times Richie :lol: looking at the figures with the work your after on your current coupe, you would probably see yourself better off buying another one? :huh:

Dunno mate, Might just run her into the ground then break her, at least she would keep a few more running.

There will be others I suppose, I'm not gonna get down to look at it before the weekend realistically.

There will be another coming along soon I'm sure. Any joy with the Type-V yet?

• Administrators
  Any joy with the Type-V yet?

Decided to risk auctioning it on eBay few bids but still not up to the cost of all parts for the recent work I've done to it and only a couple of days left on it now.:( Just hope it sells to a genuine buyer and even if sells cheap, least the new owner will be a happy with it ;)

I'm in the process of arranging to go and see that one!

Hey mate, unfortunately due to work i wasnt able to get down there to have a look today and not sure when i'll next be able to, wont be for a week or so anyway. i got the reg from the dealer and did an MOT check and it all looks pretty good. there was a some corrosion on the brake cable and an oil leak a few years back but last 2 years have passed no probs. the reg is x542cle if you want to do abit more digging.

• The title was changed to Newbie looking to buy my first accord v6