Subscriptions & Donations ×

New Air Filter 1998 1999 2000 2001 Accord Coupe 3.0 V6

hughezee

• 2 weeks later...

Air filter replaced but it really didn't need doing. So I have a pretty much new air filter in a bag. If anyone wants it then they can have it if they can cover postage.

One worry is that the bolt in the top right hand side basically doesn't work. It wasn't bolted in when I took the aircover off and wouldn't bolt back in when put back so it just sits in the hole and spins.

The seal is ok as I guess it was ok before I touched it but not ideal.

Not driven the car yet so I have not noticed a difference in the performance.

• Founding Member

I was thinking about switching to the K & N as I noticed Rob had one fitted at the meet.  Let us know regarding difference etc. and I may partake in one too.  If you still have the original air filter I'll have it please and cover postage, let me know and I'll PM my address.  ;)

I have had those K&N air filters and oil filters for the past 15 years, the only difference is that the engine breathes easier and a small difference in mpg and a little improvement in acceleration.

No problems so far I have had them in Porsche, Honda, BMW and more.

• Founding Member

Richard very kindly sent me his old air filter which arrived this morning  :):

63728507-45B4-41ED-8A1D-B9C865430EF2_zps

Richard's old filter is on the left and Purple Haze's exisiting filter is on the right.  As you can see, the filter was doing it's job by collecting all the debris and bits before they enter the inlet.  Simple as pie to fit, as above, just four screws to remove.  Purple Haze has been treated this week (again)...I also fitted some new number plate screws on the front (current ones were rusty)...after the weekly Demon Shine of course.  He also had a brand new tyre earlier in the week.  All fluids checked and correct.  Incidentally, I went somewhere very early one morning in the week and the security guys said "Ooo, lovely motor, is it a Civic?"  Errr, no, I then went into detail about how rare they are etc.  They were well impressed I thought.  :wub:

Thanks again for the filter Richard, you too should be receiving admiring glances towards your coupe. 

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
  • Moderators
9 hours ago, Mangoman said:

Couldn't be bothered with the Airbox Filter thingy.....

Went totally RAD!! A "Blitz'd" it... :D

gXoqXrF.jpg

Why do I get the feeling I'm in troubled waters here.... :(:(:( 

Oh no, a bird built a nest in your engine bay !! 

Bet you can hear that coming !! 

12 hours ago, hughezee said:

Looks good which one is it and do we get a video to hear tandem induction and exhaust notes :) and just think 99% of the LED headlights kits of eBay will fit now ;)

Thank you...... :)

It is the Blitz SUS Filter. And as far as LED's I've decided to not go for them since I have recently tried something else instead.... ;)

You can only really hear it once the Vtec has engaged, then it is quite apparent!

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Mangoman said:

Thank you...... :)

It is the Blitz SUS Filter. And as far as LED's I've decided to not go for them since I have recently tried something else instead.... ;)

You can only really hear it once the Vtec has engaged, then it is quite apparent!

Excellent! nothing like a good roar off the intake....what pipes do you have on it?

• Like 1

• The title was changed to New Air Filter 1998 1999 2000 2001 Accord Coupe 3.0 V6
  • The topic was pinned