Subscriptions & Donations ×

My Pride and Joy

AhsyV6

• Founding Member

Thanks guys!!! Very much appreciated.

I had a 3 stage detail earlier this year and they used 3m products. It was a pretty good job and brilliant value for money. I got the impression that my car was one of their first cars. I keep meaning to invest in a polisher but it's finding the time to do it and also dread all the boys knocking on my door trying to convince me to do their cars!

Sadly there's no wax on it at the mo and I need to do it again soon. When I do do it I love Poorboys Blackhole Glaze which gives an amazing brilliant deep gloss and the fillers are perfect for those very minor swirls until machine polishing again. I then top with Poorboys Natty Blue Wax which is very good but not fantastic for longevity, I'm coming to the end of the pot so I'll look for something new to try. For those in between wax top ups theres Optimum Car Wax in spray form.......very very impressive! Slightly pricey but brilliant results within 30mins. After a wash I spray Demon Shine Spray on to the wet body and then dry and although not a wax, it leaves a brilliant shine.

If I get the time I'll take some pics when I do and then post them in the detailing area.

Thanks again guys

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • Founding Member

Really nice .. but are those 17" rims?

coupeman

Thanks mate!

Yep they are original Honda 17"s with the centre caps removed exposing the nuts. I then ordered new closed top chrome nuts and also a universal black centre cap and stuck black laminate stickers on them with the Honda logo.

Sadly all the wheels are scuffed so I need to refurb them again.

• 7 months later...
  • Founding Member

lovely the car looks a very similar spec to my v6 coupe same wheels and body kit mines blackcurrant pearl on a 1998. :)

17829028935_39ebe7b0e3_h.jpg

Yep they are identical and yours looks lovely

Honda clearly had the body kit and wheels as an optional extra along with the gold emblem pack. Totally transforms the car.

As a suggestion.....as your centre caps have faded why don't you have a play around with them take them off and expose the wheels nuts(which you'll need to replace). I think it enhances the look of the wheels. Have a closer look at mine and see what you think. Have a look at my before and after pics post

http://honda6.ipbhost.com/index.php?/topic/274-before-after-v6-coupe/

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...