Subscriptions & Donations ×

Lithium mining

PTR200S

They are what they are, and that is - a marketing tool. A stop gap until something better is brought forward to the table. The best and most truthful quote I've ever read is "we must remember, electric cars aren't here to save the environment. They're here to save the motor industry and sales".

• Clap Hands 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators
On 5/27/2023 at 7:42 PM, Andy Mc said:

They are what they are, and that is - a marketing tool. A stop gap until something better is brought forward to the table. The best and most truthful quote I've ever read is "we must remember, electric cars aren't here to save the environment. They're here to save the motor industry and sales".

I absolutely 100% agree - same as diseasels were in the mid-late 80s and now look! Companies springing up to claim against manufacturers for wrong emissions claims, no doubt there will soon be health-related claims against diesel manufacturers too.

What almost everyone forgets is that BEVs are only clean at point-of-use - before that they are dirtier than their equivalent petrol (and probably diesel) variant.

• Like 1