Subscriptions & Donations ×

New V6 Coupe owner

rich1068

Just now, hughezee said:

Looks nice, did you squeeze in a good test drive 👍

I did and it runs very well. No gearbox issues that I could see. The previous owner put slightly lower springs on which suit it but I think I'll follow his advice and probably put the originals back on the front. As you can see it comes with slightly larger Civic wheels too. The originals are available but I wasn't too interested in having those so it helped with the negotiation.

• Like 4

PO seems to think about 30-35mm but I have no experience of these cars so couldn't really say for certain. To my eye it definitely sits lower at the rear compared with others I've looked at online and which is no bad thing imo.. The Civic wheels throw you a bit though. Anyhoo, it certainly wasn't crashy on the test drive so I'll see how I go on.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, PTR200S said:

Great stuff, looking forward to the updates.

Did you drive it back too ??

Certainly did. About ten or fifteen miles of country lanes then a run on the motorway, cruise set, back to not so sunny Sheff.

Only problem I've found so far is the light on the Cruise button doesn't work.

• Like 4

• Site Subscriber’s
57 minutes ago, rich1068 said:

Certainly did. About ten or fifteen miles of country lanes then a run on the motorway, cruise set, back to not so sunny Sheff.

Only problem I've found so far is the light on the Cruise button doesn't work.

Mine didn't when I bought it, it's an easy bulb change tho.

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, PTR200S said:

Have a look here 😁...

Thanks for that.

Re: the gearbox. Reading the various threads and stickies the recommended fluid is not the Honda stuff but Carlube or Amsoil but changing at all depends very much on the current condition/colour of what's in? Have I got that right? Based on the PO's recent service it's pretty much the only thing I'm concerned about. That's not to say I won't do other fluids, plugs, filters etc sooner rather than later but usually I'm straight on them. They don't seem quite so pressing with this car.

• Like 2

• Moderators

If you don't have any service record of a gearbox fluid change i would do one anyway, just stay away from the Honda recommended fluid !!

Re checking fluid, obviously the level but more importantly the colour should be very pale , even more importantly what does is smell like ?? Burnt fluid is rancid !! Plus tends towards black in colour...see if someone has fitted an external filter too.

• Like 4

Had a chance to check the fluid today as I was tucking the car away for a few days.

FIqCFdHl.jpg

The picture makes it look darker than it is but I was pleasantly surprised to find the fluid quite light in colour. Certainly not red but a red-ish brown. Thankfully not at all like the terminal or neglected pics in Hugh's Change Your ATF! thread.

• Like 4