Subscriptions & Donations ×

Newbie with an Elysion Camper

elysion

Hey everyone,

I'm not all that new to Hondas but I am new to Honda 6. 

I've got a 2005 RR1 Elysion converted to a camper. Had about 40k miles on it when I got it, and it's probably still on about 41k now because of a year of lockdowns. 🙈

I've always been into JDM cars. Dream car would probably be the 1st gen NSX but I need to start playing the lottery to make that even remotely possible. 😅

My other car is a Lexus IS gen 1 Sportcross (aka Toyota Altezza Gita) which is going through the latter stages of a total rear subframe replacement. Only about 500 left on UK roads but I can't find the Elysion on howmanyleft, presumably because it was never sold new here. Anyone got any ideas how many Elysions are out there?

Joe

• Like 2
  • Clap Hands 1

• Administrators
On 3/3/2021 at 9:39 AM, elysion said:

I'm not all that new to Hondas but I am new to Honda 6. 

Welcome to the club, sounds like you are gonna have some memorably times in the camper conversion.👍

FYI: I moved your pictures into the relevant section.🖐️

• Like 3

• The title was changed to Newbie with an Elysion Camper
  • Moderators
On 3/3/2021 at 9:39 AM, elysion said:

Anyone got any ideas how many Elysions are out there?

Joe

Sorry Joe,  missed this question but, as normal, many cars are missing generally on "how many left " sites due to incorrect entries of models designation when they are registered by the dealer at the DVLA. 

Our leader on here posted this information last year which uses the mot database to say how many are "actually " on the road...this could include sorted but mot'd.

However, I have just posed the question of whether the mot model designation is accessed via DVLA records or by manual input by the mot tester. In our case just Elysion is enough to identify them but not the model variant, VX, VZ, Prestige,  Aero etc.

My Elysion is registered as a "Honda " and that is it so unless the tester inputs the word "Elysion " in the mot database mine is missed from this record too.

Dealers inputting incorrect spelling of models also throws the DVLA database as would it by the mot station...

• Like 3

Thank you for digging that out - very interesting. You always expect some errors but I didn't know registrations in the database were so inconsistent. Naively I assumed they'd all be entered fully...or at least spelt correctly! 🤦‍♂️

• Like 2
  • Clap Hands 1

• Moderators

Ha ha , you would have thought so wouldn't you !!

Its not just errors at dealers but errors compounded in transferring info to the dvla database, anyone inputting data received from another source in fact. Just a slip in spelling of a model as you saw with "prestige" but even spelling Elysion as Elysium i have seen !!  

Wouldn't mind betting that the Honda Odyssey has been entered as Oddesy somewhere !!

• Haha 3