Subscriptions & Donations ×

Mudflaps

PTR200S

• Moderators

Washed the Elysion today, yes, in the rain !! Wasn't raining when I started !!!

The front body moulded mudflap was hanging off, not off its mounts but actually broken off the mounting plate.

Been pretty loaded with tools and materials this week so even lower than normal to the road. .......The council have been repairing these stupid speed humps by ADDING more tarmac than they had originally. 🤬 consequently the flaps have grounded out.

20210206-130746.jpg

20210206-130806.jpg

Repairable hopefully,  using CT1 construction glue..

Really annoyed at the council but more so with myself for not noticing until after the event 

• Sad 2

• Moderators

I've said it before and i'll say it again, whoever came up with the idea of speed humps should be made to serve duty as a human speed hump on the nearest motorway! 🤬

Fingers crossed you can repair the fludmaps Pete, if not order new ones from Japn and send the bill to your local council! :P

• Haha 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Andy Mc said:

At least you've still got it though and not retracing your steps for it, only to find several trucks had obliterated the remains!

True enough, once lost a wind deflector off the drivers side on a van....70mph dual carriageway,  parked about half mile up in lay-by, walked back hoping to find it in the centre verge because I was in the outside lane doing, ahem, about 70mph.

Nope , million shards of plastic strewn over the carriageway 🙃

Mind you, lost a chrome silencer off a Honda GB250 single down a quiet side road, wasn't quiet after it dropped off though...not many cars about so turned around and went back...silencer looked like it had been run over by a steam roller !!..oops !!

• Sad 2

• Moderators

Finished repairing the flap , two beads of CT1 clear along either side of the seam that holds the two parts together. 

20210207-102019.jpg

Decided to take the front right hand side off too and check it for splits

20210207-112323.jpg

Looked ok as it happens but you can see the hits off the road with the rash on the lower edge.

20210207-112404.jpg

20210207-112352.jpg

Refurbishment job for the summer i reckon, so just reassembled them on the van for now but not before I had cleaned off the bodywork where they fit and waxed it !!

It would have been rude not to squirt some Bilt Hamber chassis corrosion proofer down the sill so both sides got done.

There are four mounting screws that hold each flap on, three are short stainless washers screws and just one longer one. A goodly blob of grease into each hole and around the screw will make sure they come out easily next time.

For reference the long screw goes in the bottom hole to the inside of the vehicle, the short screws are all the outer screws further up the wheel arch.

• Like 2
  • Clap Hands 1