Subscriptions & Donations ×

Fuse box layout?

Bijomaru

• Administrators
6 hours ago, Bijomaru said:

Anyone has layouts for the 2 fuseboxes? Some are marked on the covers, but most have the 'manual' icon. I can't see anything in the manual.

What you looking for m8y? blown fuses are easy to find 😋

• Like 1

12 hours ago, hughezee said:

What you looking for m8y? blown fuses are easy to find 😋

My rear TV or DVD aren't working at all. So wondering if it's a blown fuse at this point, but not sure which one. Some video on YT shows Odyssey and a 7.5A fuse, but there's a few of those in Elysion. I don't want to just start taking out each fuse until I find the right one. :) 

• Like 2

• Administrators
On 8/5/2020 at 12:09 PM, Bijomaru said:

but there's a few of those in Elysion. I don't want to just start taking out each fuse until I find the right one. :) 

I see your point, shame I don't own Elysion or I would track it down and point you to the correct fuse 🙄 , either way, it should be an interior fusebox on the driver's side, as the radio is usually linked with the instrument cluster regards the backlit illumination, so I would check all the fuses in the internal box on the driver's side...

Also, try using a multimeter saves pulling them all out. 👍

• Like 2

• Moderators

There must be a plug that connects power into the tv/DVD unit, have you checked you actually have power there? That would save the need for a fuse-hunt if so. Some of the more modern TVs blank the screen if there's no signal so it's possible the signal is lost and you're getting a blank screen.

• Like 2

Solved!

Looking at the fusebox diagram for the engine bay right box, fuse 15 (Rear Entertainment System) is a 15A. Checking the box, there was a fuse in 14 where there should't be anything, but 15 was empty. Moved that and voila.

Rear TV button on the dash now works, TV and DVD work. Can only play one DVD in the right format that came with the car (Mr. Bean) so will need to figure out recording in NTSC I presume for some cartoon for the kids.

I'll post the fuses listings later for others as someone may find it helpful.

k1jUQWu.jpg

bqN8ZQx.jpg

kOgDRRX.jpg

• Like 3
  • Clap Hands 2

2 minutes ago, Laird_Scooby said:

Excellent work there and top marks for not giving up! ;):D

I HAD to get it working. I was a but disappointed that from the 3 things I could get in my config (Sunroofs or curtain airbags or TV) I had a TV that's not working. So this makes up for not having the other ones. Kids will be happy and quiet too during the 16h journey we're about to make.

I'm really pleased :)

• Like 4

https://www.notion.so/Fuse-boxes-layout-9a1f43c8ec0a44ab98f570116640ad17

I've converted the original manual Fuse Boxes diagrams into a HTML format on my Notion.so account. It's available for everyone. It includes the PDF of the original pages, and tables for each of the fuse boxes (and models where different), including the icon, description and translation.

Some translations are vague because it literally will say Backup, Option or Accessory in the manual.

If someone has any updates to make then let me know and I'll edit the document.

Hope it helps someone as much as it helped me!

• Like 3
  • Clap Hands 1

Next challenge. Trying to figure out why the Sound Container function doesn't work. I've just pulled the hard drive out, so looks like I should have it. But when going into options on CD playback I don't get the option to rip the CD.

Let's see if I can get that one resolved and then post here.

• Like 3