Subscriptions & Donations ×

Newbie with a elysion v6

Pangdiddy

Hi Guys,

I have a elysion rr3 3.0l V6 which is my daily and own a crx mk2 SiR mugen as my weekend car.  just wanted to share my love of them as I notice quite a few elysion owners are on here.  How do you post pics here? Tried the copylink from Flickr and it doesn't work?! 

Dave

• Like 3

• Moderators

Hello Dave, a warm welcome from this side of the net !

How are your new carbon tips looking ? Still like them ?

Some good closeup pics would be nice !, oh and of the CRX 🙂

Have you done any other mods recently?

• Like 3

Cheers for the warm welcome guys.  Thanks for helping us upload pics easier than I thought! Well, yes here pics of my hondas, I've owned elysion for around 3 yrs now and crx for around 15.  

Hi Peter from elysion FB page, I thought I recognized your elysion! Yes, tips are on and I think they look alrite, not too in your face.  Not done much since the tips besides few parts of bodykit before. Think I'm happy way it looks as it is now. 

Crx has had new tyres and hardrace camber stuff fitted recently.  It's booked in next week for a s2000 dash installed, a new double din stereo and a hybrid adjustable quick shifter.

• Like 2

Coincidentally no, my elysion I bought by luck as I went to see a silver one and saw this white one parked up in his garage.  It wasnt for sale as it had no mot due rear suspension failure but body and engine was good, so I took a chance and managed to get it cheap. Since buying it I have imported a modulo grill and spoiler plus mugen wind deflectors to finish her off.  Crx was wine red before and had a colour change done around 6 years ago. seeing signs of slight rust now thou so needs a respray soon I think. Whites are usual for Honda's anyway...ballache to keep clean thou..

• Like 5

• Moderators

That grill looks good, did consider changing mine too but didn't,  I was considering spraying the original matt, or satin, black......

With mine being a blue Elysion not sure if black suits it.

What was wrong with the rear suspension? Had shocks collapsed? Couldn't have been rust surely !!!😁

• Like 2

I've seen a few sprayed black they look pretty good, I think yours being dark blue it look good.  If you wanted I could see if I could find a grill for you like mine?

Yes, rear suspension had broken spring and the guy couldn't find replacement.  They were tein coilovers so I rang tein UK and they got me a set from Japan, took about a month but they were reasonable priced. Me and friend fitted them and passed m.o.t next day😁 

• Clap Hands 1

• Moderators

Thanks for the offer on the grill, can't take you up on it yet as the purse strings are a touch knotted due to CV......I could experiment with the black look though as I have an aerosol of satin black....alternatively I could use water based paint to test the look against the blue, bit less permanent than a proper paint so I could go back to chrome...must remember not to go out in the rain though!!!!

Re suspension, that was a good result from Tein ...seems a lot of Elysion have aftermarket suspension,  I have Bilstein adjustable platform etc, on mine.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Poking my two penn'orth in Pete, with your being dark blue there are really only two options that look good. First is chrome which you've already got, second is body colour. Black of any description would look like a bruise. :o

You could of course go "Chav-tastic Gold" but people would think it's a Subaru then, alternatively you could go for real gold with a Honda Gold Pack (if they do them for the Elysion?) but that's likely to be £Arms & Legs or maybe £Kidney. :o

• Haha 2