Subscriptions & Donations ×

Hi All Newbie Here With A Coupe 3.0 V6

Vibesy

Hi all

Newbie here and whilst looking through the site I have actually seen the Honda Coupe 3.0 V6 I just recently purchased in a link from 2016 and it still has the S300 OEB number plate in the link it had then  in 2016 it had 40,000 miles on it and now has 68,000 on the clock 

I am hoping to garner some information on what oils/fluids etc to use i.e. for gear box and engine and where to obtain a decent cambelt kit 

I have tried to upload a pic but not sure how too

Thanks in advance

• Like 3
  • Clap Hands 1

• Moderators

Welcome Vibesy !

If you have picked up a Coupe from someone that used to be on this site, our head man will be able to tell from the records, then it may well be that a lot of the fluids, cambelt etc has been done already......

Are there any records with the car ???

If not, just hold fire from doing anything just in case the H6nda site can fill in the holes for you..

Re pictures then you need to use a third party host like Postimage for instance, paste the direct link for the picture into your post and hopefully a picture will appear ! 🙂

• Like 3

screenshot-5.png

I don't think someone from the site owned it I just saw the picture of it on here with a Gumtree link I have checked the gear box oil its nice and pink and sits between the min and max line and changes very sweetly under all driving conditions

Unfortunately I only got a few MOT's and no other paper work for it so have no real idea of any work done but it drives perfectly so I was as a matter of course going to get the cambelt done etc because of this

Thank you for the tip about pictures as you can see I sussed it out 😁

• Like 3
  • Clap Hands 1

• Administrators

Welcome to the club fella, and assuming its not a cloned car lol its was a members car and lots of work done to it including cambelt, water pump etc even, transmission fluid etc the car even has all four calipers from my car...

• Like 2

Hi 

Definitely not a clone lol I had to apply for the log book so had to put the vin on the form and it tallied with what they had on file and thank you for the update on work what has been done to it saves me a few quid in the short term the car definitely drives and looks like it has been looked after except the drivers side rear bumper has had a little knock and some rust to the same side rear arch which will be sorted once lockdown is lifted the underneath is spotless and no leaks from anywhere on the engine etc 🙂

• Like 3
  • Clap Hands 1

• 11 months later...

Hi all

It's been a while since I have been on the forum it's been a real heavy duty last year even to the point where I had to sell my Coupe V6 😔so I am on the look out for another lovely V6 Coupe again or a nice Legend.

I do not mind if it need a little work doing to it so if anyone is in the know of one of these going for sale please let me know.

• Like 4