Subscriptions & Donations ×

New Sidelights LED 1998 1999 2000 2001 CG Accord Coupe

hughezee

• 9 months later...

I went to go to work today and no side lights and one headlight out!!!! WHY ! It was all fine yesterday.

Luckily i already had some spare headlights and luckily its the drivers side thats out and thats easy to replace.

So off to Halfords i go to get these LED sidelight replacements.

When I got them i was like - Thats never going to fit.... but they did. Looks good - very happy. Note current price is now £15.

• Like 3

• 1 year later...

I tried this tonight before researching on here thinking "how difficult can it be, its a sidelight" but mines gone on passenger side with not as clear access. 

Got fingers full of sticky grease. Tried to take whole unit out but couldn't. Fingers got cold, gave up!

Hopefully a dry weekend due soon and another bash. And a pair of the 501s looks interesting. 🤔

• Confused 1

Yes, thanks! noticed its on the drivers side too 😉

Is it half a turn anti clockwise then? What put me off and why i looked at taking out the unit for a better look is, it felt like some tape was round the housing like its been bust and bodged so didn't fancy breaking back open.

Been looking at 501 led's for replacement. Are these just plug in and play with no extra wiring?

• Like 2

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, Andy Mc said:

Been looking at 501 led's for replacement. Are these just plug in and play with no extra wiring?

Yeah just plug and play, hope it's not bodged though, not nice picking up the pieces from somebody else.  🙄

• Like 1

• Moderators
9 hours ago, Andy Mc said:

Is it half a turn anti clockwise then? What put me off and why i looked at taking out the unit for a better look is, it felt like some tape was round the housing like its been bust and bodged so didn't fancy breaking back open.

Yep, mine felt like that too, had to go back for a second go at them, one was really tight but just got to give it a graunch 😄 

The end result was this... very bright and almost drive-able with just them on in the dark !!

LED-coupe-lights-2.jpg

LED-coupe-lights-1.jpg

• Like 2

• This topic was pinned and pinned