Subscriptions & Donations ×

Honda Elysion LED Upgrade(s)

PTR200S

• Moderators

Decided to change the rear lighting on the Elysion from standard bulbs to LED, two of the originals are out  and have black coloured glass.

Bought a number of them from Horizon LED ltd...bought from there before and usually pretty good.

Changed the two tail light T10 / 501 bulbs for some high intensity red ones, the brake / tail bulbs got dual working T20 red ones, the fog light got a red T20, the reversing light got a high power T20 in pure white and the indicators got some T20 amber units....

Everything working fine EXCEPT the indicator ones, not a peep out of them, or even a flash 🙄 

Can't work out why except that maybe the flasher unit is not getting enough ampage draw from the low wattage... now waiting with breath held for Horizon to come back to me re the query.......

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, PTR200S said:

Everything working fine EXCEPT the indicator ones, not a peep out of them, or even a flash 🙄 

Can't work out why except that maybe the flasher unit is not getting enough ampage draw from the low wattage...

Easy way to prove it Pete, refit the original filament bulbs and run a pair of jumper wires to the new LED builbs. If they flash in sympathy with the indicators then it gives you a starting point. Has yours got CANBus on it?

Also have you tried refitting the LED bulbs the other way round? Many are polarity conscious so won't work the "wrong" way round. Pull the bulb out, rotate 180 degrees and refit then try.

• Like 1

• Moderators
40 minutes ago, Laird_Scooby said:

Has yours got CANBus on it?

Also have you tried refitting the LED bulbs the other way round? Many are polarity conscious so won't work the "wrong" way round. Pull the bulb out, rotate 180 degrees and refit then try.

No Canbus, everything else works with no warning lights on the dash... and with the trailer connected too, no problem.

Yep been all over them trying in different sockets, retesting with original bulbs etc....

Good point on the parallel running, give that a go at the weekend.

p.s. you do know Stu is going to do one on this LED stuff !!😂 

• Like 1

• Moderators
51 minutes ago, Brett said:

Looks great bud.

As for your indicators Iv seen this on type accord and I’m sure you need to put a resistor in to get them to work .

Jav did the mod years ago on TA

Thanks for that, Jav is, or was, in Horizon?

Will look on TA, been a while since I logged into there ....since I sold my Tourer 😭

• Like 2

• Moderators

Dummy load resistors are one option, a better one is an electronic flasher relay. Under a tenner, one out, t'other in, job done!

Have you run a pair of wires straight to the LED indicator bulbs to make sure they do in fact work so you're not chasing your tail?

If you go the resistor route, i think i have a spare pair of dummy load resistors floating around.

• Like 1

• Founding Member
1 hour ago, PTR200S said:

Thanks for that, Jav is, or was, in Horizon?

Will look on TA, been a while since I logged into there ....since I sold my Tourer 😭

That’s the one Pete Jav runs horizon or did start up the business.

I will log in tomorrow as well to see if I can find a link to the resistors or diodes can’t remember what ones were needed

• Like 2

• Moderators
  • Moderators

First thing to do is try the bulbs to make sure they actually work Pete. If so, an electronic flasher relay would be cheaper than CANBus bulbs and give a definite fix. Need to check the pin-out on your existing one though, it may be different to the one i used. It's also capable of running the trailer indicators too.

• Like 3

• 9 months later...
  • Moderators

Yep, I went for better ones too but the thing to watch for is the length of the bulb, not a lot of room in the overheads.....might mean the "push to on" might not work as no room for the lenses to depress inwards.

Fit one and carefully try it otherwise you might bust the lenses.

• Like 2

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, st123 said:

Got mine from ABD £21 for the lot easy to fit, get yourself some plastic tools to take the cover off or you will break them

Agreed, be very careful levering them out, I used the plastic trim tools too 👍

• Like 2

On 7/14/2020 at 9:10 PM, PTR200S said:

Sorry about the bad pic, taken with my old phone a couple years back I think but gives you a good idea how bright the LED change over was !!

elysion_interior_led_2.jpg

elysion_interior_led_1.jpg

How do the switch covers come off to get at the lamp

• Like 1

• Moderators

They just lever off, there are two locating pins at the top of the lense,  lever from the bottom,  gently though......assuming its same version as mine...if it seems tight just try from the top to see if it will come off the pins at that point. Think it swings on the pins too for the push to on action so maybe a combo of those actions will help if it feels tight.

Part number 8, 

interior-lights.png

• Like 1

• Moderators
35 minutes ago, st123 said:

where is that from?

Not a great picture as its has projected onto grass but the interior front door lights can be changed to this...shows red horizontally off the door and projects the "H"  down onto the ground at the same time...

just a bit of bling fun !🙄 .....my saaaad !!! .......easily reversible to standard.

• Haha 1

On 7/14/2020 at 8:58 PM, PTR200S said:

Yep, I went for better ones too but the thing to watch for is the length of the bulb, not a lot of room in the overheads.....might mean the "push to on" might not work as no room for the lenses to depress inwards.

Fit one and carefully try it otherwise you might bust the lenses.

Ordered.👍tool kit in a case (I need to get on a image hosting site as I'm not used to posting pictures this way). Done the side lights and the puddle lights front. How does the interior roof lights covers come off as it's the switch aswell? #carefully 😂🤣😂🤣😂

• Like 2
  • Clap Hands 1

• Moderators
16 hours ago, TANNERS said:

. How does the interior roof lights covers come off as it's the switch aswell? #carefully 😂🤣😂🤣😂

!!!  Gently  !!!! ........and carefully 😄   !!!!!!!!

Have to check but I think it's the back edge, couple of recess in there to poke your screwdriver in....erm, carefully !!!!

• Like 2