Subscriptions & Donations ×

Newbie with a Coupe v6

Coupev6

Hi all fellow members,

Let me introduce myself, I'm Lee and i have recently acquired a low mileage 2001 Honda Accord Coupe 3.0i V6 in very good condition and no rust.  Mileage is on 78,000 miles from new.  Been fully serviced using Genuine Honda parts etc.  I am hoping to be able to get some parts that i need on here.. which arent no longer available from the dealer.  and to offer my help in any way i can.

Here are some pictures of the coupe,

honda1.jpg
honda2.jpg
honda3.jpg
received-281465656157493.jpg
received-3656038601135650.jpg

• Like 4
  • Clap Hands 2

Just now, Retro Rich said:

That’s a lovely looking car Lee. Welcome to the forum and feel free to look around and ask any questions 😊

Thank you Retro Rich.  I just need the cover that goes on the boot lid that covers the light for the drivers side rear?

• Like 1

• Moderators

Oh dear. Have a read of this thread :

Then have a read of this one :

Short version is DW-1 is NOT compatible with the box and torque converter in your car so you need to change it for a fluid that is ASAP.

If not, it could fry your torque converter and cause leaks to name just two problems.

• Like 1

• Administrators
11 minutes ago, Laird_Scooby said:

Short version is DW-1 is NOT compatible with the box and torque converter in your car so you need to change it for a fluid that is ASAP.

If not, it could fry your torque converter and cause leaks to name just two problems.

Don't forget this topic 👍

• Clap Hands 1

• Moderators

Let's hope the paperwork is correct then! Honda haven't been supplying Z-1 for quite a while now and told all their dealers to use DW-1 and it was backwards compatible. Stu can tell you more on the hows, whys and whens but i can only remember the basics just now.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Laird_Scooby said:

Let's hope the paperwork is correct then! Honda haven't been supplying Z-1 for quite a while now and told all their dealers to use DW-1 and it was backwards compatible. Stu can tell you more on the hows, whys and whens but i can only remember the basics just now.

Cheers matey

• Like 2