Subscriptions & Donations ×

Cox Honda vs Amayama

PTR200S

• Moderators

Just ordered the lower front suspension arm compliance bushes, 51391-SJK-003, off Cox Honda and included a transmission filter, 25450-RAY-003, whilst I was at it... total £78 ...... Amayama can do them also , total £68.... the carriage for the bushes is horrendous, Japan to UK via the EU (arrgggh) !!!!!....

Not sure what has happened re costs but checking a few of Amayama other parts against Cox Honda and provided you are ordering £70 worth for the Cox free carriage, the difference is minimal...in this case £10.

Working on the assumption that with that cost declared on the import papers from Amayama is going to exceed the "free" import duty and vat rate, plus the PO will stitch an "inspection fee" on top its cheaper to use Cox !! 

As a matter of interest the rear lower suspension arm bushes and the shock fork to lower arm bushes are standard Honda Accord fare and should be available from, say Blueprint, haven't checked yet but I am sure there will be pattern parts available.

• Like 3

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, st123 said:

Febest have the bushes much cheaper

Buy Chinese, buy twice 🤪 always been tempted with the Febest stuff if I'm honest, but after removing a lot of it from cars and it failing after 3-12months down the line its put me off.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I need these parts soon cox honda price

51464-S04-013

BOOT, UPPER BALL JOINT

£47.95

£45.55

Part(s) available next day from Honda ü

Shipping Method

UK Economy

£4.19

Amayama price 

BOOT, UPPER BALL JOINT 2 pcs 0.015 kgs 8.94 GBP
Total weight:     0.030 kgs
Items total:     8.94 GBP
Ship to: United Kingdom
Shipping cost: 5.92 GBP
Total: 14.86 GBP
  • Like 2

• Administrators
10 minutes ago, st123 said:

nice to know someone is on the ball won`t buy them👍

Few times I felt I had no choice but buy febest but a little more digging found me better parts sometimes for less doing lots of cross-referencing with other models.😉

• Like 2

• Administrators
7 minutes ago, st123 said:

51464-S04-013

BOOT, UPPER BALL JOINT

£47.95

£45.55

Shipping Method

UK Economy

£4.19

Amayama price 

Looks like Amayama is the winner, TEGIWAI sells them for 15 squid each> https://www.tegiwaimports.com/genuine-honda-front-upper-arm-ball-joint-boot-civic-crx-ef-eg-ek-88-00.html

• Like 2

If you have done separate orders for them from amayama, the parts would have come to about £47

On 2/29/2020 at 5:29 PM, PTR200S said:

Just ordered the lower front suspension arm compliance bushes, 51391-SJK-003, off Cox Honda and included a transmission filter, 25450-RAY-003, whilst I was at it... total £78 ...... Amayama can do them also , total £68.... the carriage for the bushes is horrendous, Japan to UK via the EU (arrgggh) !!!!!....

Not sure what has happened re costs but checking a few of Amayama other parts against Cox Honda and provided you are ordering £70 worth for the Cox free carriage, the difference is minimal...in this case £10.

• Like 1
  • Clap Hands 1
  • Confused 1

• Moderators
35 minutes ago, st123 said:

If you have done separate orders for them from amayama, the parts would have come to about £47

Tried slicing it all ways,,, still big shipping cost for small parts,,,, have ordered rubber stuff and the like and obviously a much better rate.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, st123 said:

51464-S04-013

BOOT, UPPER BALL JOINT

£47.95

£45.55

Shipping Method

UK Economy

£4.19

Amayama price 

That's the sort of price I like ! but as I said the rubber stuff, pipes, these and other bits are very light... 30grms in this case and costs nearly six quid....

• Like 3

• Moderators

Stuff arrived today, from Cox, sterling service as usual...

No wonder Amayama were charging a lot for the shipping of the bushes....the two bushes weighed in at a total of 10 lb !!!!

The thing that really hurts was the filter but adding this on to the Cox order got me "free" shipping due to total cost...

The ATF filter, right in picture, is small..... check the size against the bushes....but cost 35 quid, arrrggghhh ! still, its the one and only time I will be changing it in the ownership of Elly.

atf-filter-and-bushes.jpg

• Like 3

• 3 months later...
  • Administrators

www.amayama.com is currently not shipping to the UK 😭

Global Mail Delivery Status

Please be aware that due to the global reduction of flights, shipping times have become unpredictable. Some shipping services for some countries are temporarily suspended. Find more info on the Japan Post website (Updated 30th June) and International shipping limitations from the UAE. Update concerning parcels to the United States.

• Sad 3

• 1 year later...
  • Administrators
On 3/3/2022 at 8:06 PM, hughezee said:

They had to approve my order before I made payment and postage went up a couple of quid since they now have to fly around that waste of space on the map.🤐

I assumed this might be the case as they put up the cost of shipping?

1 hour ago, Laird_Scooby said:

I was watching flightradar24.com a week or so back and it's amazing how many aircraft take off from Japan and fly over Russia - that's probably the reason, hopefully they'll find another way of getting it to you.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Cox Honda vs Amayama
  • Administrators

Their main headquarters is in Osaka, Japan and they have five branches Sydney, Moscow, Vladivostok, Dubai and Singapore. I guess any company can fall foul of foreign investment, but doubt anybody outside Japan has the majority control?

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, hughezee said:

Their main headquarters is in Osaka, Japan and they have five branches Sydney, Moscow, Vladivostok, Dubai and Singapore. I guess any company can fall foul of foreign investment, but doubt anybody outside Japan has the majority control?

I remember seeing this somewhere few years ago, i'll try to see if i can found something.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • Moderators

It would appear that Amayama.com are having difficulty sending stuff out, possible as they are moving to a new, bigger, warehouse this month.

However, a number of items are no longer available to be sent out at all....this week I was looking for rubber boots, 51225-SJK-003 , for the lower ball joints...no go.

Cox can't help either, saying that they are now unavailable,  not what Amayama.com says but they can't deliver to UK....

Looks like I will need to buy a febest complete ball joint for the sake of replacing the rubber boot !!   FFS. !!!!

• grrrr 1