Subscriptions & Donations ×

Window Tints 2005 -2010 KB1 Honda Legend 3.5 V6

Mazda Man

• Founding Member

As Lennie passed his MOT with flying colours, I thought I might treat him to some tinted rear windows.  Don’t get me wrong, I want something subtle and not too drug dealer/gangster, just something classy. I think there’s a place by me that does it, I’ll investigate tomorrow.

• Like 2

• Moderators
On 1/17/2020 at 10:01 PM, Lennie Legend said:

I want something subtle and not too drug dealer/gangster, just something classy.

Subtle ? ! You mean like a bathroom window opaque style? !!!!  Maybe bathroom mirror reflective?? !!!!!! Hmm, mirror could be to in Your Face as it were !

Not sure you can get a "subtle" blacked out window unless its , erm, not blacked out which is , oh, clear !!!!

I guess a nice "suntan" version could be subtle but is there much point???

• Like 2

• Moderators

The tints, some 60% black tints would look good without looking too gangsta/drug-dealer/mo-fo and would work well with the dark blue. In fact you could even go 60-70% dark blue tits on yours which would work really well. On the fronts you could get away with a lighter tint (20 or 30% but you must have a certain level of VLT - Visible Light transmission which i think is 70%) so as you already have tinits as standard, you'd have to find out how much VLT they had, if it is 90% let's say, you would probably get away with a further 20% and still have 72% VLT but check with the tinter guy, he should know the C&U relating to windows/tints etc. ;):D

• Like 2

• Moderators

Towbars used to be a big thing the insurers got upset with but recently I heard someone had been told they should have declared their wheel scrapes as an accident !!  (got to be a joke ?? !1)

Geoff you have been warned !!🤣

• Haha 2

• Founding Member

Thanks for the heads up, I think I’ll just have the rear screen and rear windows done.  I’ll contact my insurance company afterwards.

Any ideas of the cost, presumably it’s just a film that cut to size and sticks inside...or is that too simplistic?  Perhaps they use templates?  Not sure if you would have one for my Legend though. 🥴

• Like 2