Subscriptions & Donations ×

Honda Accord V6 Timing Belt Change, Replacement

Chrismas

• Site Subscriber’s

So, how often should the J30A timing belt and water pump be changed? I was told mine was done in 2016, but can only find a note that it was checked then, not replaced. I have found an invoice for 2006 showing it has had at least one change though. How much is it likely to cost? Would you go main dealer, or independent? I'm fairly handy with a spanner, but it looks a bit involved even for me. 

• Like 2

• Administrators

Ideally, the timing belt should be replaced every 7 years or 60,000 miles and the water pump would be a consideration but that depends on the mileage and how often the coolant has been replaced. I normally charge around £350-400 timing belt & water pump using genuine parts as I get the water pumps from Honda USA which are around £100 cheaper than Honda UK prices although as an alternative I would happily use ADL BluePrint & SKF Belts or Kits.

• Like 3

• Site Subscriber’s

The man above did mine for me - a splendid job, genuine parts and the car has been ragged to within an inch of it's life since, with no worries 😎

It's probably worth going to Stu to get it done and getting him to scan around the car, he'll find anything amiss quickly but he also won't look for work. He's as honest a trademan as you'll find and worth traveling for.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• The title was changed to Honda Accord Timing Belt Change, Replacement
  • 1 year later...
  • Site Subscriber’s

So 2 years on, and still not done the belt. Not really relishing spending huge amounts on it, and was thinking about doing it myself, being handy with a spanner. Watched a YouTube on a US Honda with the same engine, and it looks do-able. I'd let Stu do it, but I'm too far away. Any hints and tips, Hughzee? Make a great post for the forum. 

• Like 3

• The title was changed to Honda Accord V6 Timing Belt Change, Replacement