Subscriptions & Donations ×

My 1998 Accord Coupe 3.0 V6

Chrismas

• Site Subscriber’s
17 minutes ago, hughezee said:

What a really smart looking coupe Chris and in Heather Mist Colour, Code: YR508M 😍

What mystifies me is 

• why does it say Accord underneath the rear spoiler, where you can't actually see it, and
  • why doesn't the red panel on the boot line up with the indicators and stop lights on the rear light units?

Other than that, I love the styling!

• Like 2

• Administrators
15 minutes ago, Chrismas said:

why does it say Accord underneath the rear spoiler, where you can't actually see i

Well, when the boot is closed it has Honda Accord 3.0 V6 on the boot lid, so when it's open you can't see those and maybe catch a glimpse of accord moulded into the spoiler, just finishing touch I suppose, only high-end luxury cars tend to have that sort of detail so nice to see Honda was proud of the Accord.

15 minutes ago, Chrismas said:

why doesn't the red panel on the boot line up with the indicators and stop lights on the rear light units? 

The car was essentially built for the American market which has all red light lenses so the rear we have in the UK lights were made specifically to comply with European requirements no sense changing the centre cluster too I suppose, me personally I have the all red USA lights and high power amber LED's so it shows orange clearly when signalling, so no MOT issues either.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...