Subscriptions & Donations ×

1998-2002 Accord Coupe Mirrors, folding in .

PTR200S

• Moderators

Needed to fold the mirrors in on the Coupe today.... Erm, stuck !!!

I know mirrors usually need a firm push but these seem to be almost bending the brackets out.  Surely both can't have seized?

Or is there a secret control somewhere !!!.😅 

I have never folded them in before, since i got it in fact. And nobody else has tried to fold them in by passing to closely !

• Like 1
  • Clap Hands 1

Your mirrors still seems virgin 😆 I do fold mine regulary to enter to my garage, our coupe need indeed a very firm push. Try again while holding the bracket with one hand and with the other make some multiple first slight push and further increase force, i guess it should pop and come in at some point.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• The title was changed to 1998-2002 Accord Coupe Mirrors, folding in .
  • Moderators

Will give it a go again tomorrow, .....did try lifting actually but as the video shows it needs quite a lift, you can hear the strain as its lifted !!!

Sprayed them with lube tonight so if they are "stuck" that should help .

Will report back, as they say !! Thanks Stu.

• Like 2

• Moderators

Good news, they move, albeit stiffly. !

More lube and cleaning needed, the crud under the hinge area looks like a dried up swamp !

I think the one and only previous owner never moved them and i certainly haven't !

They don't seem to move upwards, more on a turn in / up ramp basis.....there is no clearance to physically lift initially, only as they move inwards, could be crud or maybe mirrors are different on later cars....anyway more work needed to get them sorted properly.

• Like 1

• Moderators
4 hours ago, welland99 said:

I have never folder mine in over 10 years, but did recently have a go.  Like Pete, I thought they must be stuck, so gave up.  

Thanks for the video, Stu, I'll have another go sometime.  

Squirting some form of lube in the hinge area certainly started the process off for me as they were threatening to tear the holding bracket off when I tried to move them initially.

• Like 1