Subscriptions & Donations ×

CG4 owner : )

KingK0ng

Hello UK Honda lovers and especially CG's one !

I'm from Belgium ( 😒.. ) and i own a black '98 CG4 with 89k km. It's not my first one but my second. The first was the exact same, a black '99 CG4 but with way more km, a little more than 200k km, so my new one is way fresher 👌

How i get to the 6gen Accord ? Well, let me first say that i blindly love this car design and as annoyingly picking i can be i can't found any flaw to it's design. Simply put and in my own opinion, ladies and gentlemens this is the most beautiful coupe ever made ( mic drop ).

So how i got to it, basically when i was younger i had a CRX EE8 and i remember that week-end i went into a club. While waiting to enter into the club there was a car parked on my right side and it was a 6gen coupe but at that time ( 2000 ) the car was new and didn't know what it really was. For some reasons i was stucking looking at it, was not that huge wow factor but i remember being very intrigued and pleased and once i noticed the logo i understood it was an Honda, so i was even more pleased and surprised.

Few years later i remember seeing one often in my neighboor street with some nice wheels and slight drop on it and again everytime i was crossing her i was fixing the car like if i just saw a tall brunette with heavy bags... 

After the CRX i went to different projects, fast cars etc..i was young so was my need at that time. After that and with age, i decided to get something more comfy and in a more cruising riding style. In 2010 i found a clean black 5gen Accord with only 70k km. I bought it and was statifsfied with the car, was a 2.2 non-vtec but i was very surprised of the engine performance and despite being without vtec the engine sounded so nice when reving up !

I decided to embelish my 5gen and try to make something good out of it. So i make some search for wheels and various parts but the more i was searching the less sure i was to continue with this car. At the end i didn't install a single part on it and there is a good reason for that.

When i was searching on google for 5gen images for inspiration i was time to time stumbling on 6gen images and the more i was seing them the less confident i was about keeping the 5gen. Oh crap...few days later the 5gen was for sale. 6gen seduction got me and for good.

So after that i bought my first 6gen, had many km but still was in overall good shape especially interior but for some reason only the engine bay had rust and a lot of it !. So my plan was to make this car badass and clean again but overtime i lost my main job and had few other priorities in life so i had to get rid of it for the better. I promised myself that i'll get another one in the future and finally make it how i always wanted it to be.

Summer 2018, an ad for a full orignal black 1998 CG4 with 89k km in Germany, the ad is online since 2 days only and no pictures yet. Screw it, i'm on the road for Germany...Few weeks later,  the car is sitting on my garage. The salesman still don't understand how i could make such distance without seing any pictures before hand.. I just told him, cars like those one are hit or miss and i'm anger to get one in good condition so no chance i miss it.

What's next ? Well i'm not considering ever selling this car, i mean i like other cars too but the coupe is something else to me. It's like someone has stolen my ideal car from my head and make it real..It's the only time in my life i won't complain have being stolen 👌. So my CG4 is here to stay as long as i can. Plan is to take a minutious care of her and this car isn't going to be a daily driver at all but only a week-end car and last but not least no driving while raining. Some wheels, slight drop few goodies here and there fixing some slight body default but my main goal is to keep the car elegant and classy as it's what this car inspire me.

Since few month i already started ordering many parts that will be changed. All front and rear suspension parts are going to be replaced, yes ALL even bolts 👌. It means, complete knuckles, tie rods, arms, hubs, bushings, brake hoses, forks etc... I plan to sell all the removed parts.

The reason i'm doing this is because first, since i never got the chance to buy or drive this car when it was factory brand new and god i would have loved to feel what its feels like, and also since Dr. Emmet Brown isn't in my personal contact list, i'll make it happend on my own by replacing everything and feel what its to drive a brand new 6gen Accord. Also many parts for our 6gen start to be discontinued and there is no chance in hell i'm installing something else than oem parts. So there is still some parts available from different source so i want to to grab them while they're still disponible. Second i don't plan to ride the car a lot and since i'm not plannig to resell this car i want to have my mind peaceful for the next years to come.

i'll soon make a thread and share some pics with you guys.

Thanks for reading and take care your 6gen's ! 

🙈

• Like 5

• Founding Member

Welcome to our community - you have found fellow Coupe lovers who truely understand your passion and envy your enthusiasm and dedication.  Hughzee is the god of the coupes and is yet to be bettered for advice so ask your questions when you need.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators

Welcome indeed ! This is the best place to be once you have been besotted by the Coupe 😂 !!!!

Loads of knowledge on here to help you keep your car on the road, well Grand Master Stu is a font of all that is known about the Coupe !

Look forward to seeing more of your motor ! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Appreciate the warm welcome guys and glad you enjoyed the intro 😉

I can feel that each one of you are trully passionate by the coupe and i like that 👌

I'll have to take new pictures of the car because the one i had from when i bought the car have being deleted from my phone after an update... So i have to go my garage and take new ones. But for now the car is still factory looking.

As i said since few months i'm collecting all the oem parts for the complete suspension remplacement so this is the first big step. Soon everything should be installed and i can't wait for this day. After that wheels and drop will follow. Another big step but later is going to be the replacement of all the engine mounts and the clutch.   

• Like 3