Subscriptions & Donations ×

Which Engine Oil 1998 1999 2000 2001 Accord 3.0 V6

hughezee

• Administrators
5 hours ago, DeanoCoupe said:

Was looking at a K&N one too

I wouldn't even entertain one of those even if I could 100% prove it was an actual K&N filter, so stick with Mann filter providing its the right one W 610/6  as loads of motor factors including euro car parts supply the wrong filter.👿

• Like 3

• Founding Member

I use the Smith & Allan 10W-30 Ultra in my Coupe, Triumph and Jazz. Fantastic oil which I will continue to use. I prefer to change it every 3 months though as after 6 it really has done it’s job. For the cost of it, it is also rude not to change it at 3 month intervals 😂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, Retro Rich said:

I prefer to change it every 3 months though as after 6 it really has done it’s job. For the cost of it, it is also rude not to change it at 3 month intervals 😂

Yep, the more changes the better particularly for cars tootled around towns and especially with the stupid low speed limits being imposed everywhere. The cars oil suffers with fuel contamination and low engine temperatures...

Do you change the filter too on such short frequency changes?

Interesting that you use the Smith and Allan in the Jazz..... I use semi synth in the two in my care.... I presume all ok? 

• Like 3

• Founding Member
1 minute ago, hughezee said:

if it feels good do it 😋

Hahahaha, that tickled me. It’s more for convenience if I’m honest. I have just as good mpg from it, so it must be happy.

in answer to the filter question, I have loads of them for the Triumph (bought a stock of 25). So every time for Triumph and every 6 months for Coupe and jazz. So every other change 👍

• Like 3

5 hours ago, hughezee said:

I wouldn't even entertain one of those even if I could 100% prove it was an actual K&N filter, so stick with Mann filter providing its the right one W 610/6  as loads of motor factors including euro car parts supply the wrong filter.👿

K+N genuine motorcycle filters are sheeeeeite. No heard any reports for cars but I wouldn't risk it

• Like 4

• The title was changed to Which Engine Oil 1998 1999 2000 2001 Accord 3.0 V6
  • 5 months later...
  • Moderators
3 hours ago, hughezee said:

I've just bagged 60L of the nectar 😃 busy couple of months ahead:  https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10W-30-Mineral-Engine-Oil-Universal-20-Litre-20L/301499343543?

Wow ! nice find !!

Thats about 5 quid cheaper for 20 litres using ebay than buying direct from S&A....but its a Smith and Allen supply on ebay too !!!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators
58 minutes ago, PTR200S said:

but its a Smith and Allen supply on ebay too

Its always been cheaper on eBay via S&A only realized late last year it was cheaper, as I never thought it would be TBH as I always like buying direct if possible.

• Like 3

• 5 months later...
  • Moderators

Smith and Allen Ultra ordered, 20 litre drum, £47.49 delivered , via ebay.

Direct from Smith and Allen its 58 odds quid delivered.... so ordered from ebay, direct from , err, Smith and Allen  !!! 🙄🙄

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators

I've found many things are cheaper bought via ebay from their sellers ebay listings than from the sellers website. Stupid really but i guess they write off the lower price as loss-leaders and the ebay fees against tax although it's possible the e-commerce site charges them commission on sales too so could be swings and roundabouts. Either way it pays to shop around! ;):D

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
  • Moderators

Need a refill of Smith and Allan oil so checked out ebygum,  69.99, blimey that's gone up again !!!

Just 18 months ago it was about 48 quid, few months later it was still the same but another year down and its sitting just shy of 70 quid.

Direct it's just over 60 quid plus a tenner delivery....

• Sad 2

• Moderators

Think I paid just short of 60 last time...

As the oil price has dropped substantially in the last few months perhaps it might work through to Smith and Allan too ...I guess the time is dependent on the rate of sale of the more expensive cost of their stock on the market,  mineral oil probably a slow throughput???

• Like 1