Subscriptions & Donations ×

Door Lock Actuator Problems Accord Coupe 2.0 3.0 V6

V6vtec

I have a passenger door that doesn't unlock when the remote button is pressed to open, neither does it lock when it is unlocked using the remote to lock, same happens when using the key in the drivers door. But it does unlock from inside and when using the key on the passenger door.

Is the lock actuator that needs replacing or is there something else that's at fault?

Another lovely day.

You're right Stu, looks very tricky to replace. Undid the screws and unclipped the door card and carefully pulled back the protective covering and tested the other spare actuator which works well seeing the small black round unit turn when I used the remote fob. Sprayed the two grey connectors didn't do the trick to the original unit. Looks like a job to do in the near future.

• 8 months later...
  • Administrators

Quick tip: illustrated below the item circled in red needs to be removed  :mellow: remove the lower bolt and slide it down with or without the guide rubber as sometimes they are in parts or a whole strip so look before pulling on the rubber window guide. This will allow better access remove the lock assembly & actuator complete so you can work on replacing the actuator more easily, doubt you could ever replace the actuator with the lock mechanism still in the door?

windowpart.jpg.ee6ed4860fbebe7e16c406278

So if you wanted a challenge by leaving the lock in the door please be my guest :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 years later...

My drivers door actuator is intermittent, but seems slow but working at the moment, I bought a drivers door one but it only has one of the sockets with terminals and looking at mine it has 2 plugs on. After a bit of research I'm wondering if the bigger plug is just on it to keep it tidy :-) It got dark so put her back together for tonight. Anyone changed one before?

• Like 2

• Administrators

Did you buy a new or used one and was it for the coupe or the 1998-2002 accord in general, I have replaced a few in numerous vehicles and the second socket usually indicates it will also fit another vehicle or another door i.e passenger rear door? I do have some pictures on the process but need to find them lol still it sounds like your lock is the real culprit so I would suggest giving it a good lube...

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Accord Coupe Power door lock actuator? "FAILURE"

It's a new one the seller assured me was correct for the coupe drivers door. One of the sockets is blanked off and the other is a 2 pin for lock and unlock. The car has 2 plugs going to the one on the car but I'm wondering if the bigger plug is connected just for neatness and the actuator socket isn't wired?

• Like 3

Well, a bit of ACF50 in the lock and maybe moving the bits around when the door was apart and it's worked 5 times in a row so maybe it was just sticky. Fingers crossed.

I will monitor it but it's easy to tell at night as the indicators flash if it locks, and the interior light comes on when unlocked if working okay.

• Like 3

On 12/14/2018 at 10:29 PM, hughezee said:

Good News, but you are saying I the new actuator is missing the three wire plug socket, no biggy it should work fine without it if you ever need to use it?

So? What is the 3 wire for?

Admin edit check the post linked below 👍

On 12/14/2018 at 9:24 PM, Lumpy said:

Well, a bit of ACF50 in the lock and maybe moving the bits around when the door was apart and it's worked 5 times in a row so maybe it was just sticky. Fingers crossed.

I will monitor it but it's easy to tell at night as the indicators flash if it locks, and the interior light comes on when unlocked if working okay.

Good news that you have eased the lock with lube.  

Are you saying that the lock reports it's position to the ecu  : and thus the car knows when to flash the indicators and light the interior light?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, welland99 said:

Good news that you have eased the lock with lube.  

Are you saying that the lock reports it's position to the ecu  : and thus the car knows when to flash the indicators and light the interior light?

Well. The interior light only comes on when the drivers door button is up. Same for locking. Only when down do indicators flash. It's back to not working now. Grrr

• Sad 3

Right, so where can I get one of these? Or do I have to strip this and rebuild it, or use parts on another?

20181222_125657

Plenty around without the 2nd socket wired, but can't find one with yet. The one I fitted wasn't so the passenger door doesn't unlock if you use the key

On 12/22/2018 at 7:00 PM, hughezee said:

I have some good spares and I can supply the correct unit new, will drop you a message shortly 👍

You again? ☺️ I'll have to get a batphone / direct line.

Admin edit check the post linked below 👍

• Haha 3

• The title was changed to Accord Coupe Power Door Lock Actuator? "FAILURE"