Subscriptions & Donations ×

1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 Accord Fuel Filter Location

blackstreet62

• The topic was pinned
  • 1 year later...
  • Site Subscriber’s

Is there a trick to stopping all the fuel from draining out of the tank when you remove the lines? I inadvertently removed the push fit connector on the 'out' pipe and all of the o rings fell out. Grrrrrr😪😪Any idea which way they all go back? I could just buy a new one........ 

• Administrators
12 hours ago, Chrismas said:

Is there a trick to stopping all the fuel from draining out of the tank when you remove the lines?

So to hear of your troubles, the fuel is pumped up & out at the top of the tank and you should only lose residual fuel from the lines, releasing the filler cap first should avoid any sudden bursts of fuel.

I am guessing you were trying to replace the fuel filter or you are replacing a fuel line or hose???

• Site Subscriber’s
14 hours ago, hughezee said:

So to hear of your troubles, the fuel is pumped up & out at the top of the tank and you should only lose residual fuel from the lines, releasing the filler cap first should avoid any sudden bursts of fuel.

I am guessing you were trying to replace the fuel filter or you are replacing a fuel line or hose???

All done now. Couldn't get the hang of how the push fit connector went on the filter, and all the O rings fell out on to the floor and also in the pan that was slowly filling up with unleaded! Managed to prop the pipe up above the low level of petrol in the tank to stop it all dribbling out, but the driveway still smells like a refinery! 

Once I found how all the O rings went back together, I managed to get it all back together and no leaks either. This picture shows a rough idea as to how the rings go back, which seemed logical for the fuel filter. Basically, if I'm right, it's  -O ring, spacer, Oring and then the collett on top which mates with the male end and spring clip.

image.png.c093491d2672e9d90b1418f040a99fb6.png

• Like 1

• Site Subscriber’s

Then I found the exhaust was blowing around one of the tail pipe joints, which had rusted away to nothing. I have still got that complete system I bought on eBay, but I think I will sleeve it, as the tail pipe itself is pretty good.

• Like 1