Subscriptions & Donations ×

1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 Accord Leather Seat Repair

welland99

• Administrators
1 hour ago, welland99 said:

Stu, have you done a "how to do bolster repair"?  I've been wondering how to tidy mine and prevent further deterioration.

No, not really just a few pictures if related to a particular vehicle, also it depends on the level of damage, as light wear can be glued & filled using leather repair kits...

IMAG0311.jpgIMAG0309.jpgIMAG0310.jpgIMAG0312.jpgIMAG0358.jpg

Not as easy as you may think but all my minor repairs still holding up really well, the topic below might also be of interest?

• Like 2

• The title was changed to 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 Accord Leather Seat Repair
  • 1 month later...

I've see black leather interiors on the Mk 6 coupe, and the light one I have. I think it's tan but is that what Honda call it. I'd like to repair the bolster tear to make it look better, temporarily at first if needs be. I've seen some kits but don't know which to order. Has anyone got experience of doing a repair? Cheers.

• Moderators

A lot of the interior colours used by Honda were also used by Rover, the "tan" colour was known in Rover circles as Stone beige (or if you hunt under Land Rover, it is Light Stone Beige - code SMJ) and i've used some of the leather colour on ebay to great effect.

Not sure on the Honda colour code but given the colours are virtually the same, it should be a good starting point.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Leather-Vinyl-Repair-Dye-Stain-Pigment-Paint-Colourant-Recolour-Worn-Sofa-Shoe/122424262898

s-l400.jpg

That's what they call it, covers Rover, Land-Rover and also Jaguar - and almost certainly Honda as well. Stu may also have a preferred supplier but beige by any name seems to be rare so as long as it looks right, i think that's more important than the name. ;):D

As for the grey colours, there were two on the Rover range, one light one and a darker one. I believe they were called Ash and Slate grey respectively, fairly certain this light or dark grey was also duplicated by Honda. Never seen any of them with a black leather interior though! Seen Prussian Blue on a few Mk1 827 Sterlings (also on a 1st gen Legend on YouTube in the USA) and in fact have the carpet from one in mine with door card inserts to match - nicely contrasting the Stone Beige. ;):D

• Founding Member
4 minutes ago, hughezee said:

There are three different light interiors two colours are the same with the year 2000 onwards having a matte finish.

I like the sound of the matte finish. I now know why when I see some pictures of the beige interior why they look so much darker than mine. I just thought they were dirty

• Like 3