Subscriptions & Donations ×

Heating Control/ Speedometer lcd display

PTR200S

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, PTR200S said:

If it is the battery I will be severely annoyed...New battery last year and I kept up on periodic charging. 

Despite your efforts Pete, during the cold weather you need to be lucky every night, even with a relatively new battery. The cold only needs to be "lucky" once to kill your battery. :(

• Like 1

• Founding Member

Easy to check battery volts to see if it is that - simply open the bonnet and put voltmeter across before starting the car...  Do the same thing when you park up for the night and see what - if any - difference there is between night and morning....

• Like 2

• Moderators

That's only half the test though, really need to see if the battery is taking all the charge it should. These days most batteries are sealed for life so it's difficult to use a hydrometer to check each cell strength - easiest test would be by substitution of a known good battery. ;):D

• Like 1

• Moderators

Second hand unit arrived today, came with the centre console still attached 😃

Haven't been out in Coupe since Sunday so no idea yet if OK from the "repair" , just hope the s/h unit OK if I have to change over.

climate-control-shand-unit-5.jpg

• Like 1
  • Clap Hands 1

• Moderators

Hopefully you've got all bases covered now Pete! If the "repair" doesn't appear to have worked and you fit this one and it displays the same problem, i'd look towards the battery but see if the existing one comes to life by itself after a few minutes running untouched like i suggested before. ;):D

• Like 2